Funding: The Founders Reward

You make assumptions about my reasoning that I never stated. My suggestion to partner/cooperate with Blockstream regarding developing privacy for public blockchains with a focus on corporations, has nothing to do with Bitcoin’s block chain design. It has everything to do with the fact that Blockstream is cooperating on OpenLedger with IBM and Linux Foundation and has received $70 million in funding. Blockstream is experimenting on many different blockchain designs that could be sidechains of Bitcoin and/or for work they may do on other projects such as OpenLedger. Since you only mention Maxwell’s CoinJoin and CoinSwap, perhaps you are not aware he also helped invent Confidential Transactions (or you just conveniently omitted that) which is also not compatible with Bitcoin’s block chain design (or at least not without a hard fork).

Please stop being even mildly condescending to me (see bolded phrase and note you tried to attack my reputation in my “Fundamental challenges?” thread) or I will be forced to put the mirror in your face.

I was comparing to selling the pre-mine to a non-free market of private placements as compared to a public price discovery mechanism such as an ICO (which is roughly equivalent to your idea here to sell all the coins on an exchange). Again you put words in my mouth that I never stated, because you failed to comprehend the distinction I was making.

The issue I pointed out is just to make sure the coins are widely distributed (i.e. not concentrated into fewer HODLers). And to give time for the coin to be adopted as the coins are distributed, so that wide participation (and thus wide distribution) are achieved.

You only stipulated, “100% premined and sold by your company at whatever value
you think is appropriate”. That is not free market price discovery.