@aiyadt candidacy for ZOMG
After spending 2 years in the Zcash community, and witnessing a lot of changes with numerous hiccups, all towards keeping Zcash decentralized & sustainable long-term, I believe Zcash has a huge potential to prove itself and attract top talent & users alike. With this belief, I have decided to stand for the MGRC seat and bring a technical angle to plan, evaluate and vote on grant applications.
I believe I am already doing my part in evaluating grants & commenting as a Zcash Forum member. And as a MGRC recipient for Nighthawk team, I would also bring in the viewpoints & challenges faced by recipients when planning, applying and executing a grant.
Additionally, my experience with alternative chains like
helping analyze and providing feedback to Algorand Developer site https://developer.algorand.org which made it super easy for developers to get started coding with Algorand.
following Cardano ecosystem growth from 2018, their transition to Proof-of-Stake in 2020, the incentivized testnet they put forth to create a vast community of supporters and this year’s on-chain Catalyst governance where set $ amounts of funds are allocated to top voted projects in multiple domains on a bi-monthly basis.
following the Bitcoin experiment from 2012-2017 as a miner, trader & user, which ended up pushing me to Zcash as I believe in the core properties of ZEC being stronger than BTC.
Zcash has a self-funded mechanism that’s missing in BTC, while several other chains have demonstrated their Foundation/Grants to grow their ecosystem beyond internal tools, but to interface with rest of the crypto space.
What I plan to deliver within 20 hours minimum per month :
- RFPs: Drafting specification for a multi-platform Zcash SDK toolchain and inviting developers to write libraries and samples apps showing Zcash utilities that are broken down in to well defined reqs. (Target vision: Overview - Algorand Developer Portal & Community Projects - Algorand Developer Portal)
- Reviewing and discussing grants with the ZOMG members per schedule.
- Making myself available for MGRC approved recipients for any concerns, questions and future planning.
- Advocating builders and creatives to contribute to Zcash and get paid for the works.
What I support:
- Keep ZOMG going for 2nd term without breaks in order to prove functional governance of MGRC treasury by Zcash community(assuming we have several candidates that stand to run for ZOMG till September 15th).
- Fund grants in one of the two primary categories - 1) Building Zcash toolchain to increase ZEC utility, 2) Growing Zcash Awareness & Adoption through use cases & education.
- Funding grants that help increase Zcash adoption, primarily to new crypto communities - this can be in the form of building ZEC bridges across chains, partner integrations, Shielded Address support, Zcash education and awareness of shielded nature of transactions and creative ideas like novels, video, podcast series.
- Every grant needs to be described well and include a defined end goal. I will suggest edits and lengthening of the grant application word limit on ZFND platform.
- Following a code of conduct for healthy discussions, maybe adopt http://safetyfirstpdx.org/training/code_of_conduct/Workshophandouts.pdf
I also support compensating ZOMG members for their ~20hrs work per month work. (this will need a ZIP-1014 amendment). I will abstain from voting on grants related to Nighthawk or individual grants by Nighthawk team members during my term.
I am associated with @NighthawkWallet as a Project Manager & Developer and Nighthawk Capital as an advisor - a private crypto investment group, and have significant skin in the game(holding ZEC) to support decisions to make the most ROI on the MGRC funds.
Thank you for accepting my nomination. Vote @aiyadt