Andrew Miller for the ZF Board

I hereby nominate Andrew Miller to serve another term as a member of the Zcash Foundation board.

Andrew (@socrates1024) is an assistant professor in the electrical and computer engineering department at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and an associate director of the Initiative for Cryptocurrencies and Contracts (IC3). Andrew has been involved in the Zcash project since early 2016, first as an advisor to the Electric Coin Company, and then as a founding director of the Zcash Foundation. He is currently chair of the Foundation’s board.

21 Likes

Thanks for the nomination, and yes I accept, I’d be very happy to continue contributing to Zcash foundation for another term. My full time job is doing research on smart contract programming languages at U of I. After initially founding Zfnd, I’ve mainly contributed in planning our governance process like the CAP and negotiating the trademark sharing agreement with ECC.
You may also know me for small experiments like

My priority goals for Zfnd include continually improving our transparency and distributed governance, building decentralization into Zcash by creating space for more independent developer teams, collaborating with ECC to bring shielded UDAs into reality, and making Zfnd into a leading organization among privacy tech development and advocacy nonprofits.

24 Likes

Congrats Andrew!

3 Likes