Anyone still GPU mining ZCash?

As prices continue to fall the network becomes all asic

29 cents per day on a 1080ti . Any diehard GPU miners left on zec now? For the same price of a 1080ti early this year, you could be making 17 dollars a day with batch 2 of a z9 mini

Batch 2 isn’t even shipping yet. So that’s not exactly accurate.

I shutdown my main rig, even though i get free electricity at work the heat was a bit too much for a small office. Only doing a few cards now on NH and zec. price is too low for regular income so just holding.

Only Bitmain will be mining if prices drop too much lower. Low prices + ASIC’s = massive centralization.

2 Likes

You don’t have your batch 2 yet? Yeah I know it’s still a few weeks. So the numbers will probably be worse when they come on line. Maybe 10 cents a day for a 1080ti?

Yeah, I could see this picture months ago when Zcash accepted Asics :joy:

Things don’t look to good on ETH either, about 0.50$ per 1080ti with pill. Soon no matter what coin, someone has to be a die hard miner everywhere no matter if with gpu or asic, things for POW private miners don’t look good.

P.S.: Batch 2 Z9 should be beginn with shipping in about 2 weeks, so maybe about 3 weeks until they get online.

Zec in the 120s!!! Sub 100 looks likely. Soon most miners with GPU will be mining at a loss if they pay power. 18 cents now full collapse

Finally giving in. My first of 24 GPUs has gone on ebay, and I will sell one after the other. The ASICs have got to me, and so has the price.

Bad times :frowning: I didn’t see myself as a week hand but I can’t stick this out. I will try to HODL my ZEC for as long as possible but we’ll see what happens.

1 Like

Try ETH, still some 0.35-0.40$ per 1080ti, at least for now, not that it willl not go down as well…

I have my space heaters offline now. Will resume When average temp is under 80 again

Luckily I have < 0.07 electricity and batch 2 is incoming. I don’t plan on stopping until at least the end of next spring, but mining ETH with the GPU’s for now.

“Everyone knows you don’t go full ASIC…you went full ASIC man. Never go full ASIC”

Just wanted to do a check in to see if there are any GPU miners left? I guess everyone that could has moved to asic? I see a 1080ti is losing money now if you pay more than 10 cents for electricity.

I have access to no-cost electricity for another month, so I’ve held on, but my 12 GPU setup pulls in .05 ZEC on a good day worth a whopping 6.5$. At my last apartment, energy for the cards alone would have surpassed that by a little at .09$/kwh, not factoring in additional costs incurred for cooling (AC/fans).

Small scale hobbyist, auto-switching & convert to ZEC.

Its not profitable but I find it interesting, especially the eclectic coins it mines.

Almost all my friends switched to ASICs and I’m considering this way, too. For now, still using a set of GPUs but they become less and less profitable. I think about buying ASICs like my friends or selling the entire farm and investing in cloud mining. Maybe, somebody here invested in it? Is it more profitable than using hardware now? Exploring sites from the Top-10 list ( http://miningtop10.com/ ) right now, there are some really promising offers. But friends say that clouds are total scam. I want to hear other opinions, can you help me?

Before you do that check ASIC profitability, and calculate that it will drop another 30% before you get your ASIC delivered to your home https://www.asicminervalue.com/

1 Like