Anyone still GPU mining ZCash?

Just like they destroyed Bitcoin? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

For new alt-coins it will have detrimental effect due to centralization…Bitcoin would not have had it success and wide distribution if ASIC where available when it first launched it did not happen till several years later but a good percentage of coins had been distributed by then

1 Like

I read an article few days back . Seems like almost 50 % of BTC Netowork is dominated by Bitmain. What a shocker ? Soon to come to Zcash as well.

1 Like

I mine it still : ), 20character

1 Like

I am out with all my rigs, all my shares for Asics. Enjoy

1 Like

what u going to switch to ? just asking

XVG / ETH / BTG / RVN

With GPU you have no many Chocies.

iam good with BTG :smiley:

I guess me too, only thing is the ewbf miner in combo with 7 plus rigs. Can’t seem to get them stable, hoping for some other miners to join in on 144.5
A well, still have the old six GPU MB, back to old Skool and breaking them into 2 6 GPU rigs if there is no other way.
My 2 12 1080 ti halved their income since yesterday , so time is ticking for them too

here u have few

|nheqminer|NVIDIA|Early Reference/Development miner, non-optimzed. Bitcoin Gold Mining Tools 10|

and amd miner is also out

1 Like

I am happy to switch to BTG https://bitcoingold.org/bitcoin-gold-network-upgrade/ at least they are trying to do something for lot of people around the world having GPUs only. For me, ZEC closed, RVN and BTG are opened for now. Who care, I am 1.5k only.

4 Likes

Well, they are trying very hard to do just that, I mean BTC/BCC anyone? That wasn’t a friendly debate with statistics , charts, civil discussion, etc. That was a power play brought to you by no other than a certain ASIC manufacturer and their collaborators. You know, the same one that was mining empty blocks to purposely clog the network while thumbing their noses at the Bitcoin Core Team. Yeah that one. You “still” can’t mention either side without starting a major storm of hate in either of their forums. But that’s healthy right? We want exactly that for Zcash?

The only reason Bitcoin is somewhat price healthy (well, maybe not when you look at it’s price at the moment versus the last ATH) is because it was “first”. It’s the one coin people will recognize instantly if they even heard of Crypto. Take that away…and it probably would be tanking hard like any other coin with that must bad press, bad news, and bad Community Karma flowing.

2 Likes

Ehh had to switch to GRC, rig was becoming unstable : (

ZEC may not be as valueable as ETH, but its more secure

And eth is not secure because?

because he decided so

Currently mining bitcoingold (BTG) on MPH with this beast. Still disappointed in zcash on saying they we’re “asic resistant” initially then giving the community the “runaround”. Want to buy a Z9 but don’t want to support centralization. Nice to have passive income but at what cost…?

there are asics for Ethash but is not as powerful only 180 MH/s i get 144 mhs with a rig of 6x1060 Strix so not as powerful as the Equihash or cryptonight Asics

if u dont want to support centralization why are you on MPH witch has more than 60% of the net hashrate?

What are some alternatives that offer US servers with good ping?