Big problem with wallett and pc ssd

Sorry to post again so soon, i have been unsuccessful in getting my zcash to show up in wallet, new version of full node won’t work, older version don’t work zcash wallet lite doesnt work and i am presumming i have to wait untill an update comes out to hopefully be able to acess my wallet.
Though this morning after downloading zeclite my ssd is nearly full! How much darn space do these take up?
How can i clear them from my harddrive to free up space? I have such little space left that even if a new version came out i would most likely run out of space.
Also which wallet can i use that will accept the secret key phrase generated from zecwallet?
I would have tried to use nighthawk wallet but it asks for the 24 words and not a seed phrase…

Sorry edit nighthawk wallet asks for the 24 worda and not thr private key

Having a full node will consume a significant amount of memory, theres currently no way around that. You migjt try Ywallet mobile if you haven’t yet, I haven’t had any issues with it though I haven’t had any issues with ZWL either. I typically try to not do anything else on my phone while its running because it does consume resources.

1 Like

@zcashuser3000 You could use the desktop version of ywallet. Install :: YWallet

2 Likes

tried y wallet it accepted my key thought when it finally finishes syncing my wallet does not appear. i tried both mobile and desktop. now I am at work trying zecwallet lite again and see how i go.
though how do i clean up my ssd now on my home pc after trying all the different wallets i have used up pretty much all the hard drive space and i do not know how to get rid of the files to free up space

You are likely connected to a server that is having issues. Try to switch to another one.

2 Likes

thankyou so much for this trying it now, will keep you posted

thankyou for all the effort you put in the video but i still had no luck:(

Have you tried the latest version of ZWL?
If it doesn’t work, you can try migrating your ZWL wallet to YWallet

1 Like

i have tried all of these methods, my home pc now has a full ssd after trying so many wallets and nothing working i have 0 space on my ssd and I do not know how to clear out the files from the zcash wallets which take up so much space. Is my only option to restore windows now? i am currently still trying version 1.7.8 on my work pc and seeing if it will work, it is currently syncing the latest version still doesn’t work and says zcash.d not supported yet

Whatever you do, do not restore windows. You may lose your private key file and access to all your coins forever.

Since it is related to ZWL, you may want to ask help from its author.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that all lives in the user appdata directory.
But if you don’t know or are unsure about what your doing, I wouldnt delete anything.

1 Like

i have stored my private keys previously on a usb wouldn’t i be able to use that as a restore point if i where to restore windows?
How would i finish syncing if it eventually works when i have 0 space left on my hard drive?
completely lost at this point

Sure, if you have your keys you can wipe out the machine.

1 Like

you have been ever so helpful i cant thank you hanh and autotunafish enough! you 2 have been great and i thank zooko for recommending me to come on the forums, i currently am trying zevwallet full node at work on this pc at this time it has been syncing since yesterday it seems like its doing okay, just waiting for it to finish 100% then will try and import the keys, will keep you posted:)

1 Like