Cancel unconfirmed transaction

Hi,
Yes, in a way, I found a solution:

• I have installed Zcash Swing wallet on another computer (be it a virtual machine); I’ll call it the new instance and the original installation: old instance.
  • export from old instance the private key and import it (import one private key) to the new instance.
  • delete any auto-generated T-addresses from new instance, if you don’t want them
  • wait until block chain is synced and check that you have the right balance in your T-address (it makes sense to have the full amount in the new instance I guess: no confirmation received in old instance means block chain ledger does not know about your transaction; only old instance wallet knows it.)
  • shut down old instance, backup its wallet.dat and then delete it.
  • copy wallet.dat from new instance to old one; make sure permissions are the same. (Either this, or export/import the wallet from new instance to old one)
  • start again the old instance and you should have the money there even after syncing 100%
  • delete the new instance completely from that other computer.

Please don’t ignore making backups so that in any moment you can go back to the current state (even if the current state means that you money are not confirmed)

Hope this helps,
C.

1 Like