CoinPayments Integration

Not that I can see. Monero has a similar feature, they call it “subaddress” Subaddress - Monero Documentation and they recommend to always use them.

Here’s a link to the relevant discussion in zcash github

1 Like

Coin Payment C# Library

The Coin Payments C# Library is completed with unit and integration tests. There are two client connector classes.

• BlockExplorer. It queries the ZAMS (Zcash account management system) and gets information about user balance, incoming funds and initiates payments.
  • Signer. The Signer is an offline service (i.e. Cold Wallet) that CP manages and secures independently.

We have provided both implementations as work in progress on the server side.

The Coin Payment C# Library is the client side.

6 Likes

@aserrano could you please update the community on Coinpayment’s sudden and unexpected change in direction?

can you please share the repo link ?

Sure. Hi everyone, CoinPayments has informed us that they are scrapping their plans for the new platform which was the driver behind this grant to add shielded support. They are going to continue to support Zcash payments on the platform, but this means the work @hanh has done toward the integration will not be implemented.

Hanh suggested that he would be able to repurpose some of this work toward a BTCPay integration instead. I’m supportive of this given the circumstances with the platform and hope ZOMG will consider extending funding for this work.

2 Likes

Thanks @aserrano.

I think a lesson we’ve learned here is that we will need to see direct commitment and involvement from all parties in the future (applicant and platform). It appears that they lobbied for this to happen while they’ve now just walked away, without any downside and without providing any color on how they intend to help us achieve our goal of continuing Zcash support going forward as their platform evolves.

@ZcashGrants

(correction: earlier I said that we lobbied for this. Apparently the CP reached out to us in the first place. Makes it look even worse I suppose.)

8 Likes

I am in favor of transitioning the focus to BTCpayserver, I mentioned a BTCpayserver “Fork” in my MGRC post but now understand that it is actually just an integration that needs to be completed & maintained.

https://docs.btcpayserver.org/Altcoins/

3 Likes

A fork would require maintenance as well.

• security fixe
  • protocol updates

Moreover, I think that merchants and vendors will have concerns regarding installing a fork.

Ps: a fork is easier to do. I would be able to add and change anything at will. Instead, I will need to create services and follow their API.

3 Likes