Below I am copying my previous proposal from the The future of Zcash in the year 2020 thread. Please post your thoughts if you have ideas on how to tweak this proposal to make it better. If I make any changes to this proposal based on comments in this thread, then I will note the edits in this post.
Here is the proposal:
- 20% split between company and foundation for years 5-8.
- Only to be spent on research, development and adoption of zcash, no more funds to the early investors.
- A mandate to deliver a voting system for dev funding after year 8.
link to twitter: https://twitter.com/ask_aristarchus/status/1129618217754943488
I want to emphasize a few points about what I have proposed:
This is not the same as the original founders reward . No funds would be given to the early investors or advisers. The funds would only be used to strengthen the zcash protocol, and hopefully increase the value of our coins.
This means paying for researchers to continue to push forward with cutting edge privacy and cybercoin ideas, and paying for engineers to continue to maintain and improve the protocol. It also includes the important advocacy for zcash that is currently happening both in the foundation and the company (such as the 11pm meeting with a foreign country that @joshs mentioned in his post above.)
That’s it. The funds would only be used for these things that benefit the entire zcash community.
- With two entities receiving funds there is no single point of failure.
- The plan would be for this 20% “Development Fund” to continue after year 8, with a more formal process for the community to select the funding recipients.