Dev Fund Proposal: No dev dund, let FR expire, market decides

To be honest im not 100% sure.

They are similar in some aspects, this is more comprehensive though and mine is meant to be simpler. I haven’t written my proposal up properly yet.

a brief glance over this and there seems to be a few key differences.

• Mine does not cover governance. (by design) v “Use any governance model” similar but not the same.

• jj6’s zip would allow for this to be changed at any point in the future. Mine does not. although it does not explicitly prevent it if and only if it does not mess with the total coin cap, emission curve or block distribution past what has already been agreed via the initial opt-in I made when I decided to back zcash. no voting. it is more a reaffirmation of the original commitment.

• Mine needs protocol level changes for donation addresses (a MUST) v No hard coding.

• Mine explicitly calls for transaction fee donations over block distribution donations. (although I am flexible on this, I would need a strong argument to change my mind.)

So the spirit of the zip are very similar the but the end results are somewhat different (not by much, but on important points to me). I agree with a lot of @jj6’s post and hopefully we can help each other.

I think we will be submitting very similar zips. mine will be much smaller in scope though, and a bit more specific with opt-in / opt-out that I got from another proposal. There should be donate, burn, greed options. but I have not had time to update my zip yet. I am aiming for a deadline of 31st july, but I would like to get it done for a first round of feedback by 21st. I will not be online a lot in august.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes