Dizzy Wallet: A Dedicated Zcash Wallet for Discord

Thanks @james_katz. I image if I were to use this tool I’d want to keep most of my ZEC in my mobile wallet and only transfer when tipping. Is tip triggering deposits something that could be added to the proposal? Maybe an extra milestone at the end?

Overall I support this proposal but we also need to also make sure it’s clear to users what this wallet is. Free2z do this by calling them 2Zs.

2Z Overview
2Zs, also known as tuzis, are digital credits that are used on the free2z platform for various purposes, such as making donations to creators, subscribing to creator’s content, boosting zPages, and accessing members-only features. 2Zs are not a decentralized cryptocurrency like Zcash, but are instead credits that are stored in free2z’s database. 2Zs can be easily bought on the free2z platform using Zcash.

I’m personally think I’m okay still calling them ZEC in this wallet but maybe we need to be clear they don’t exist on the Zcash chain in a seperate wallet as users might expect. It might be enough to simply add a “claim” button to the wallet UI. Thoughts? That button would asks the user for the address of the user’s wallet to transfer the ZEC to. I know functionally it’s just a transfer but the button makes it more obvious to a new users that they might want most their ZEC off Dizzy, especially if the funds become significant.

Yes, enabling tip-triggered deposits is definitely possible, and I really like this idea. Perhaps there could be an “Advanced Mode” option, which more experienced users can activate and use by default. It may also be possible to implement an advanced mode for receiving tips, so that tips go directly to the user’s mobile or desktop wallet (provided that the user has configured their address beforehand).

I agree that it’s important to be transparent with users and make it clear that they’re not directly dealing with ZEC on the blockchain. The “Claim ZEC” option is a great idea.

I’ve already sent the proposal and will see if I can edit it.
In the project milestones, I’ll also include a Telegram version of this wallet. (Jokingly called “Tipsy Wallet” since Dizzy is for Discord, Tipsy is for Telegram).
This Telegram version is in response to feedback from @Edicksonjga.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and for believing in this project.

4 Likes

Love your idea and support.
Would love to use it and we need the same for our startup, feel free to DM me pls

3 Likes

Thank you very much for taking into account the suggestions, I love the name for the bot on Telegram, I hope with all my heart to see the birth of this project.

One question, through this bot will there be access to a seed or something similar.

Suppose for some reason (bug, maintaining, etc.) the bot stops working for a while, how does the user access his balance on the bot?

1 Like

While each user has their own wallet addresses (UA, Z and T) for deposit, it’s not possible for users to access their specific private keys due to the way the underlying libraries work. (automatic note management)

One possible solution to this issue would be to implement a ticket system on Discord/Telegram. If the bot goes offline for any reason and a user wants to move their funds, they could open a support ticket requesting a transfer of funds. This would ensure that users still have access to their funds, even if the bot is temporarily offline.

1 Like

I understand, in that case the option you suggest is a good one, the important thing is that users have the necessary tools to enjoy their balance at the time they have.

:+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

@james_katz, thank you for your grant submission, the @ZcashGrants Committee has voted to reject this proposal at the most recent meeting. But would like to recommend that you look into applying for the newly announced ZF Minor Grants program.

If you have any questions about the new Minor Grants program, I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

2 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to review my grant submission. Although disapointed, I appreciate your consideration and feedback from everyone on this forum.

Thank you for letting me know about the new ZF Minor Grants Program. I appreciate your suggestion and will definitely look into it.

I look forward to continuing my contributions to the Zcash community in any way possible.

Thank you once again for your valuable time.

Best regards, James Katz.

8 Likes
3 Likes

I used it! It’s really cool. @doloresampaio wrote a zpage with a nice video:

Donate to @james_katz here:

5 Likes