Do you want a complete ZCash node-wallet working?, see the videos!

Hello,
The following videotutorials show to you how to setup virtual machines, shared folder between the host and guest, finally the 1.0.5 ZCash wallet setup.
Also I will post a few importants command to you familiarize with.

0003_downloading_debian8.7.1_amd64_installing_debian_at_vmware12

0004_installing_debian8.7.1_vmware12_vmwaretools_sharedfolder

0005_20170128_installation_vmwaretools-shared-folder_debian-8.7.1-amd64_zcash-1.0.5

I hope sincerely that them help-enjoy to all.

The useful commands are the following:

To download zcash-1.0.5-amd64.deb:

https://apt.z.cash/pool/main/z/zcash/zcash-1.0.5-amd64.deb

To start the ZCash daemon-wallet:

/usr/bin/zcashd --daemon

To generate transparent_address:

/usr/bin/zcash-cli getnewaddress

To generate invisible_address:

/usr/bin/zcash-cli z_getnewaddress

When ZCash daemon-wallet is running it get very useful information:

/usr/bin/zcash-cli getinfo

To stop the ZCash daemon-wallet:

/usr/bin/zcash-cli stop

To export your wallet complete to /CopyA/MyWalletA

1Âş) Start the ZCash daemon-wallet with the exportdir parameter set as you want, in this example /CopyA directory.

/usr/bin/zcashd -exportdir=/CopyA --daemon

2Âş) Export the complete wallet to, in this example, MyWalletA. MyWalletA will be inside the /CopyA directory.

/usr/bin/zcash-cli z_exportwallet MyWalletA

To import a security copy of a ZCash wallet, for example after a new ZCash setup.

Very important, the path is relative to zcash-cli directory!.

1Âş) Start the ZCash daemon-wallet:

/usr/bin/zcashd --daemon

2Âş) To continue with the export example, the import relative to to zcash-cli directory is the following:

/usr/bin/zcash-cli z_importwallet ./…/…/CopyA/MyWalletA

This command give to us the total of our ZCash wallet’s balance:

/usr/bin/zcash-cli z_gettotalbalance

This command give to us the balance of our t_address indicated of our ZCash wallet:

/usr/bin/zcash-cli z_getbalance t_address

Example of a simple t_address transaction:

Example to send from,
#1_t_address
To
#2_t_address

The total value of amount + 0.0001 can’t pass the total value stored at #1_t_address.

/usr/bin/zcash-cli z_sendmany “#1_t_address” “[{"address": "#2_t_address", "amount": 0.01796713}]”

Is it typically Windows users that rely on virtual machines to use Zcash? Keep an eye on the Mac and Windows ports coming from @anon47418038

1 Like

If you have a mac, go to https://zcash4mac.com for an installer with everything in a signed dmg. I’m working on a similar all-in-one installer for Windows right now, its been delayed by my household being hit by a nasty flu/cough this last week (my son’s recovered, I’m mostly ok, my daughter is still sick as a dog :frowning: )

But SOON! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much, radix42. Yes, I have 10.11.6 running in a virtual machine and I wish give a try to zcash4mac. And I would like to do a video-tutorial of it. I hope that you and your family feel completely recovered very soon. And also I want to wish to you the best with your Windows’s ZCash project. Tell us when we can give a try to it!.
:slight_smile:

1 Like