How does ZEC fit into the Zcash Foundation's long-term strategy?

Thanks for the write-up Zooko. I agree ZF’s approach might look conservative from the outside, but from what I’ve learned while working with ZF as a grant applicant and as a ZCG member, is that they go above and beyond to help contributors in succeeding, and further the Zcash ecosystem.

And yes, I believe that the concerns in keeping the legal non-profit status in the US might be limiting ZF from unleashing, like some of my favorite crypto utility platforms spearing ahead with partnerships and collaborations with established industry giants - Algorand partnering with FIFA or Avalanche launching metaverse initiatives or Cardano furthering the PoS benefits, plantations and working with the local universities in Zurich. Additionally, all these 3 chains have taken initiatives to improve the token dynamics, help price appreciation and open up more ways for the holders to earn more coins.

I’m not sure if we can get an official stance from ZF on the question of whether the foundation supports the price appreciation of ZEC knowing about their legal risks.

I support the move of the foundation outside the U.S., all the 3 chains I’ve mentioned have foundations based in either Switzerland or Singapore which have been crypto-friendly so far. As a long-term believer in Zcash and ZEC holder, I’d be interested in brainstorming ideas and helping such a move happen.

14 Likes