Funding a Cannabis Retail Start-Up

A headline question for the community: Is ZEC money? Is ZEC something valuable, which you treat as valuable? Do you expect for others to value ZEC at market? How do you handle money?

That sort of whataboutism is an argument that Zcash development-funding seigniorage has been frivolously, profligately wasted and dissipated in ways that I find alarming. It is an argument that I should have spent the past five years devoting hours of my limited lifetime to following every tortuous Zcash drama, and complaining very loudly about waste and misdirection of funds. It is an argument that I should start doing so forthwith.

It is also an argument that I am stupid for buying ZEC, instead of dreaming up ways to get free ZEC for nothing on the ZEC-seigniorage gravy-train.

Not an argument in favour of paying businesses to accept ZEC.

Wow, the conversation is moving ahead of me here. This is a quote from a draft of a long post that I have been writing for days, where I had added this thread as an example supporting a bigger point about sales and self-confidence:

I need to finish that. With my constructive suggestions and proposals for Zcash.

Advertisement: I am serious about the consulting services—paid by the hour, so that I can get something for my time here. Do you want free funding for your business? I will explain to you why Zcash is a perfect fit for your business. Then, when you are suitably impressed at what accepting ZEC can do for your business, I will get you in touch with people who will want to grant you freebie ZEC. Wheeee!

I strongly agree with this, without regard to my positive or negative opinions of any particular business. The principle is similar to, and entwined with defending the freedom of speech. I would be happy to see the owners of such businesses pop up asking for technical support or advice about how to accept Zcash, or simply to let the Zcash community know in an appropriate, non-spammy manner that they are now accepting ZEC.

When someone with no apparent prior history with Zcash creates a new forum account, and in his very first post announces his desire to get on the ZEC-seigniorage gravy train for an unrelated business, I see that differently.

3 Likes