"connections" : 0,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 1.00000000,
"testnet" : true,
"keypoololdest" : 1474113969,
"keypoolsize" : 101,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"relayfee" : 0.00005000,
"errors" : "WARNING: check your network connection, 0 blocks received in the last 4 hours (96 expected)"

May I know what’s happening or how to solve this? I used this

Auto Miner on Boot
$ crontab -e

@reboot ~/zcash/./src/zcashd -externalip=wget --quiet -O- http://169.254.169.254/latest/meta-data/public-ipv4 -daemon

Please help…

Are you put in the

@reboot ~/zcash/./src/zcashd -externalip=wget --quiet -O- http://169.254.169.254/latest/meta-data/public-ipv4 -daemon

this code?

Just to clarify… why do you need this bit? Why do you need an ‘external ip’ if you are running on EC2? Cheers! Tom

1 Like

Because wanted to create auto miner…? am i doing any wrong? hehe…

Thanks again for this useful guide! I’m getting out-of-mem errors with beta1, even with a m4.large with 8GB RAM. Weird cos I have no issues compiling on my local machine with 4GB RAM. Any ideas? Cheers! Tom

Terminate the instance and retry. Im running a few m4.large instances and they have never had a problem.

That is just a clever way to find out what external IP address your nose
has.

That’s part of what allows other nodes to connect to your node.

Can we have multiple miners behind same NAT or this is not possible?

I don’t know the answer to this, but do want to know.

@Austin-Williams
Just wanted to say thank you for all the of the contributions that you have made. This guide is great. Looking forward to the test tomorrow.

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity, have you (or has anyone else) managed to mine on a t2.micro instance? I tried using the ami-d732f0b7 AMI using the v1.0.0-beta2 release and while I can launch zcashd it quickly dies due to a std::bad_alloc. Idle RAM usage seems to be around 120MB 50MB which implies you really do need the full gigabyte to mine.

I think the t2.micro is too small (not enough memory).

T2’s run on CPU credits so you will be running very very low CPU usage 95% of the day.

2 Likes

Hello, and thank you @Austin-Williams for this very easy to use tutorial for mining Zcash on AWS. I follow up all the instruction till starting the zcash, after the tests set executed succesfully. I got the following error message launching ~/zcash/./src/zcash-cli getinfo after 1 hours:

“WARNING: check your network connection, 1 blocks received in the last 4 hours (96 expected)”

Do you know how long it takes for the testnet blockchain to synkronize ? or is it a real error ?

EDIT: I changed my post since, previously, I could not find tesnet3, when I later discovered it is under /.zcash folder and not /zcash, :frowning: very noob mistake.

EDIT2: @Austin-Williams, problem was that the guide you wrote is still referring to Beta1 ($ git checkout v1.0.0-beta1), where now we have Beta2, so finally I was able to fix the problem. Thank you anyway !

1 Like

So what do you reckon… m4.large or multiple m3’s ?

is there a way to set this up to mine on a pool? ive installed and compiled all the needed things like you would on your own computer but this is what i get for ths miner and the nheqminer ?

./zcash-standalone-miner/src/zcash-miner -stratum=stratum+tcp://zec.suprnova.cc:21
42 -user=xdf.user -password=password -debug -printtoconsole
-bash: ./zcash-standalone-miner/src/zcash-miner: No such file or director

Which pricing category does one instance fall under?

Of I see m4.large or so

~/zcash/./src/zcashd -daemon -stratum=stratum+tcp://zec.suprnova.cc:21
42 -user=xdf.user -password=password -debug -printtoconsole

Should do the trick

1 Like

just out of curiousity when the miner starts it uses words like using wallet wallet.dat because it uses the wallet.dat should we be nervous?

You can create a wallet on another PC and mine on another PC for the pool if your paranoid :slight_smile:

The payout address for suprnova is set in the pool itself