Hudson's Re-Election Campaign for ZOMG (December 2021)

Hello all!

I am announcing that I am re-running as a candidate for ZOMG. I served on the first ZOMG for the past year and consider that invaluable experience to help usher in a new group of ZOMG participants.

The past year for ZOMG has had both successes and failures. We have funded many projects who have produced net positive returns for Zcash. I think there is definitely issues that need to be resolved and I acknowledge that it is going to take a lot of communication and community effort to solve them. I don’t particularly like people who dance around the subject, so I’ll lay it out plainly:

1. There is friction between certain ZOMG members and the ZF leadership. This is currently getting resolved as far as I can see, but there is a lot more work to get done.

2. ZIP 1014 did not completely set up ZOMG for success. It was the community’s best attempt and there are many good things about 1014 that did help us set direction and priority. In many ways outside circumstances, such as the ZF on-boarding new leadership, hurt the progress ZOMG could have made and there isn’t someone to blame about that. It is what it is.

3. My most important point: There are no other current ZOMG members running again for the election. I fear that there needs to be some sort of continuity of the ZOMG board so previous decisions about grantees and the relationships made along the way can remain and the new members are not overwhelmed. I’m 100% willing to be the person who steps up to help onboard new members.

In conclusion, there are a lot of negative people on the forums who really overemphasize the things ZOMG have gotten wrong, but if we take a step back and look at the entire picture I believe ZOMG is a success and will grow to be even more successful. ZOMG is a necessary piece of the Zcash ecosystem and am running to make it even stronger.

Thank you!

If you want to reach me for question, feel free to DM me on this thread, through a private forum DM, or DM on Twitter (https://twitter.com/hudsonjameson).

30 Likes

:+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2: I support you @Souptacular :slight_smile:

Very glad to see this!

1 Like

I always appreciate your optimistic attitude Hudson. I ran last year and have considered running this year(but time has run out). The next year will be a challenge for everyone involved and unfortunately there are not a lot of references to draw from in the broader eco system. I think having continuity between the outgoing and incoming ZOMG is definitely needed as the work begins to define the future.

What would a successful next 6 months of the ZOMG look like to you?

5 Likes

Hi,
You didn’t reply to Chris question here A Conversation with Zcash Open Major Grants (ZOMG): #Zcon2Lite - YouTube

Can you do it here ?

I also have 2 questions for all ZOMG candidates :

a. How important is ZEC price appreciation for you ?
b. To the Zcash investors that buy and hold ZEC and who make the devfund possible, what can you tell them that you will do to make their investment turning into fruition ?

4 Likes