@kayabaNerve Candidacy for ZOMG (December 2021)

@kayabaNerve I would like to point out that in your ZOMG candidancy pitch you mentioned:

While I am not currently paid by any other group, I am affiliated with the Monero community as someone passionate about privacy and decentralized exchange technology. I also have my own project which has no privacy features and is not something I would consider conflicting with Zcash. While serving on the ZOMG board, I would absolutely follow its Conflict of Interest policy (of which I currently have no complications with), and never try to cross a line by suggesting funding Monero research which would have no benefit to Zcash (as also somewhat required under ZIP 1014, which allows ZOMG to exist in the first place).

Does this mean you have allegiance to monero but will follow ZOMG Confilct of Interest Policy? And can you explain how isnt your affiliation with the monero community; as a monero dev put it “ideologically problematic” to Zcash? And how can you have Zcash’s best interest if you are affiliated with a project that the vast majority of members hate just for existing? How would you seperate the two? I would love to hear your thoughts?

2 Likes