Let’s talk about ASIC mining

If there is a rule that states I must keep it to 1 or 2 replies, please link me to it. If not and it’s a hassle to you to respond, then why bother?

[Moderator edit by @daira: there is no rule, because such a rule would be difficult to formulate without false positives. However, many replies saying essentially the same thing are not productive and don’t add to the discussion. Also, emphasized text (using asterisks for the markup) is easier to read than caps.]

Here’s the main reason for my continued discussion of this here. Because Zooko CONTINUES to speak the same thing. WHY? Because there is a CONFLICT of interest.

Well, you currently have approximately 90% in favor of GPU’s and you appear to be standing up for the 8% who will NEVER grow to as high as GPU’s and the 2% who are undecided or don’t care.

WHY?

Do you not have an ECONOMIC INCENTIVE (Conflict of interest) with the potential for DOUBLE the Developer Fees?

The appearance of this isn’t good, Zooko. It’s just not, sir. YOUR OWN ECONOMIC INTEREST ARE ALSO AT PLAY HERE AREN"T THEY? Be honest now…

Your OWN economic interest is threatening those who have already invested tremendously for this project. I would have bought VEGA’s instead of NVIDIA’s to mine Monero instead of ZEC if I had known ZCash would not hold true to there declaration for ASIC-Resistance to the community. I believe MANY other GPU miners here would say the same.

3 Likes