Let’s talk about ASIC mining

Hi,

So investors are not profit seeking? Even zooko said “gpu mine something else and swap it for zec”

really? even if it is not profitable? what incentive is there? like Nathan Wilcox said, “it is all opt in”.

What? isn’t this completely counter to a privacy coin? I have 5 zec on a transparent address. What I have on my z addrs is for me to know. Do I have to screenshot my wallet for my opinions to be valid?

It doesn’t matter where the criticism comes from if that criticism is valid. In this case, people you think are not invested in zcash are making the points of people very much invested in zcash. You then use this (their perceived lack of investment) to dismiss their viewpoint and claim in a very roundabout way that they are actually acting in bad faith to try to damage zec.

If you believe these people are acting in bad faith then just ignore them, they are just trying to get a rise out of you. Just flag the post and let another mod deal with it. Don’t let it get to you.

Wait, what? you said earlier they needed to be public holders if they want a voice. which is it?

(hint, it isn’t the first one).

can people in general please stop with this “prove you are committed to zec!” “im more committed to zec!” It makes this sound like a cult mixed with ponzi.

zec is not proof of stake in anyway. no one, except zcash co and zcash fo, has to prove they are committed in anyway. Not technically nor financially. They have to prove they have done an amount of work to receive an amount of coins. that’s it.

To try to make it otherwise is not good faith. I know a lot of people are doing it, (eg how many gpus do you have? how long have you mined zec? etc, etc.) it is not worth your time to address these questions. they are not relevant to the conversation and claiming they are is disingenuous and a distraction.

We really need @zooko to address the points @daira raised in this post. So I had a visit with Alex Ao - #8 by daira

the conversation stopped when that thread stopped.

Thanks.

4 Likes