Let’s talk about ASIC mining

Only September and already Z9 mini down to 3-4 dollars a day. With the current Difficulty of 26m the mini will mine around 16 coins in 1 year. I dont think this is even close to the peak of the hashrate yet, its still climbing and fast, thanks ASICs.

Few months ago before ASIC hashrate spike, 6 1080Tis would mine 15 coins in 1 year at 10m Difficulty, Soon the mini will mine as many coins as a 1080TI did, only now it costs 300+ watts… how are ASICs so much more efficient again?

GPU vs new GPU models was a small increase, that is why people liked a GPU coin. We didnt have to worry about a new model comming out and makeing all the old models obsolete within 3 months. It added stability to the mining ecosystem.

Only a few months have gone by and the Mini has gone from $30 to $3…only the people who got them early will or have profited, everyone else is screwed, including uninformed new people that ordered anything past the first 2 batches.

Specialized Hardware, in limited supply, with huge wait times, from one or two companies goes against the concept of what Proof Of Work is suppose to achieve…

6 Likes