Let’s talk about ASIC mining

Why? Even in the introducing post mentions POS (8 months ago). While than back the question had some logic to go or not to go with Asics it’s no more relevant at all as it happened allready.
The question now is where to go from here where we are, which in every case should include the option of POS or whatever, not?

Just from the introducing post and why i think that POS has it’s whole place exactly in this thread as well:

“ZcashCo engineers have recently been chatting about mining decentralization, including such ideas as changing the Equihash params, switching to a different PoW algorithm, making non-outsourceable PoW, switching to PoS, etc… My current position is that our mission is best served by improving the security, scalability, and usability of the product for end users, and that mining-decentralization is a struggle that is impossible to win in theory, and is long since lost in practice, and it is a distraction to worry too much about it. Instead I think we should design protocols which are censorship-resistant and user-protecting (and usable and scalable) even when there is only one miner in the world.”
https://chat.zcashcommunity.com/channel/zcash-dev?msg=nz8oEHyACF3CHQ6HH

So now over to the community.
How do you feel about ASIC mining?
Do you have any red lines?
How would you like to see the Zcash project evolve with respect to mining?
Is this a topic which the Zcash Foundation should take the lead on?

Seriously, i personally can’t see the logic why there should be several topics about the future of Zcash from where we are? Does it really make sense that each group discusses their own vision/ideas only with the own group of supporters? By now it’s not as simple as it was with choosing Asic or GPU, there are monthly more new options available and to see what fits best Zcash they should be discussed each to another, not?

If this topic here by now should be just a Wailing Wall so it be, no problem either…

1 Like