Let’s talk about ASIC mining

Short term may be bad but I believe in this coin in the loooong run… Guess we just wait and see what happens years down the road…

1 Like

Take care of the ‘believe’ :sweat_smile:

You betcha :grin:
20 char…

Hello : ) … Does anybody know when the harmony mining is comming? … Thx

First Welcome to the forums! To answer your question I’m not quite sure that’s gonna happen I believe that is the whole idea behind the Y-cash fork but we will have to wait and see…

Re: Harmony mining, see my answer here: When is the "HARMONY MINING update" - #3 by Shawn

1 Like

YCash should have been forked when we forked, proposing it now is just a way to milk more from miners. There was 15 months of ASICs without a YCash proposal, why now all of a sudden? I hate how screwed zcash gpu miners are. They were forgotten and screwed,completely betrayed!!

7 Likes

Ycash is being done by a Community member, you only have yourself to blame for not thinking of it first
Perhaps instead of criticizing others about things that can’t be changed you think of something better for the future where they can (we’d all love to hear ; )

4 Likes

BUT I said it first!! :wink: nice to know Howard reads my postings and likes my ideas. He should listen to me more often!

Let’s talk about ASIC mining - #373 by CitricAcid

1 Like

Screen shot taking on 05/14/2019 14:35 EST

Has anyone here used the updated (pay) firmware on a regular Z9 (not the mini) for slightly better OC’ing?

I havent’t paid for it because I spoke with the Dev and he only did sales for huge orders… But I have his free versions on a few of my Z9’s and they are always consistently over 50K Sol/s… Cooling is just an issue of mine so I have to be careful… Been tossing around the idea of just getting a few Z11’s to replace my Z9’s due to my cooling issues because there is no paid version of his firmware for those… which they can easily go over 150K sol/s. Just don’t know if i want to put money into hardware again…

1 Like

Regular Z9’s on Ebay are selling for $850 (easily) after fee’s you’re looking at $750 in pocket.

Goodluck on finding a Z11 that’s not $2800

Just found this article, and thought I should post it here Monero Developers Consider Adopting New Proof-of-Work Algorithm in October

2 Likes

RandomX will be the new POW for Monero, supposed to be ASIC resistant without the need for continuing hard forks: Monero (XMR) Developers Plan New Proof of Work Algorithm 'RandomX' - Ethereum World News

:popcorn:

3 Likes

It almost as if they could just do meaningful work…:thinking:

With Monero changing to RandomX (POW) I would use the “PC” phrasing of ASIC free instead of ASIC resistant.
With that said!! Now that there is a coin with some value on a RandomX (POW) platform I would like to use my AL888 crystal ball and predict within 12 months of it being on RandomX (POW) an ASIC will be created.
Then you can go back using to saying Monero is trying to be ASIC resistant

2 Likes

RandomX is intended as Monero’s ASIC-resistant PoW of last resort; their final stand against ASICs.
If it falls, they will give up on ASIC resistance and switch to an ASIC friendly PoW.

1 Like

What makes RandomX so special that they are sure it will stay ASIC resistant ?

Special “can-kicking” algo.