Let’s talk about ASIC mining

Power bill. Your’s is $6,000.00 his must be higher.

Ah ok, when he switches to POS some day he will breath even more relaxed than me than, or even feel like new born :rofl:

He’s mining XMR. And 2 rigs on Raven coin.

I have to agree with boxalex on this. PoS isn’t magic coins. When all the “coins” are mined for Zcash, do you think people will keep mining blocks to support the network for 0 reward? Of course not. PoS is one solution to the end game question. How do you support the network when mining is done, or not sufficient anymore? PoS supports the network and pays the stakers for validating transactions on the network. They “stake” their coins as the assurance they won’t do anything nefarious to harm the network. If they do, all their coins are forfeit at that point. That’s the 10,000 foot view of it. Some coins switch early, some look to be PoS from the start. It’s all a matter of how they want to power their network and validate transactions. It’s not spooky magic or anything scammy.

2 Likes

I’ve just noticed about correctness of your USD calculations. You can tell that you’ve got some profit in BTC when you’re able to get all your investment back with profit in BTC as well as for profit in USD. But if you get some profit in different coin, it doesn’t mean that you get it in USD or BTC. So that for calculating “ROI-ability” I’ve adviced to use such a period without any proposal to actually sell these coins for USD.

Look, not sure if i understood correct what you mean, but i made that little USD staking test result example just to make it visible without deeper mathematics so someone gets an idea how different the results are.
I’am far away from saying it’s correct, whatever. I even didn’t think about changing back or whatever as it wasn’t the intension to make such calculation but just to show a test result that not much staking investment is needed and that most show some immediate result, nothing less, nothing more.

Actually it’s not much different like in mining when someone makes a calculation and says that his Ravencoin or whatever makes USD 2.50 per day, it could be as well USD 10 or 0.10 end of year per mined unit.

Difficulty through the roof - Bitmain played ya’ all…16% in one Day ! Good Luck.

legitttt
here is coinwarz chart 35 minutes later…

How did 30 day difficulty drop 10*%!? OMG ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED

3 Likes

Love it when people post things like @techtot posted just to bash something and don’t add the fact that Zcash is up 3.12% over the last 24 hours and just 12 hours ago the difficulty was 11.8 million. This is part of the daily fluctuation that has been happening since Zcash release.

Bitmain has played no one, and right now the only person that seems to be concerned about it is you. If people who purchased ASIC’s were played and or lost money that is on them. Why this is such a concern for you is strange.

Sometimes it is better to say nothing and seem intelligent than say something and remove all doubt.

1 Like

My phone Illuminati’d and when I placed it against my ear there were voices in my head that said Zcash dropped from +3.12% to 1.02% and the bots that control auto switching moved off of Zcash to some other coin so they had to drop the difficulty so Nvidia and AMD could make $$ again. They were not through price gouging GPU owners. (since it is late in the afternoon and trees and forest issues SARCASM)

Exactly about price per unit I tell. The first time I’ve discovered the possibility of staking was in May 2017 from article where there were calculations of masternode profits. From 6% annually for Dash to 1300% for some shitcoins that I also don’t want to advertise here. Only Dash-like(6-8%) coins moved with market while over 15% dumped slowly burning potential profit, top of this list with 1300% got x5 down in 2 month after I’ve started monitoring. And in BTC price almost every coin lost more than gained by staking.

How is saying the difficulty was 11.8 million 12 hours ago helping your case?!? That’s my point , difficulty is going to grow so rapidly that any calculation anyone did when buying their S9’s , is totally wrong. Here is a chart that will explain what’s going on even better. I really do mean good luck, but Zcash made the wrong choice thinking they should go full on Bitmain controlled ASIC. I am just pointing this out as someone that USED to support Zcash, and will not be contributing to Bitmain’s rise to power. This is the ZCash mining profitibility chart:

1 Like

Just one thing upfront. Staking and masternodes are totally different things. Either you stake or you use the masternode. As said allready, i’am not a fan of masternodes and can’t say anything about it, but don’t mix them up.

Up the sh**t coins, no doubt, nothing different than in mining. Like i mined and holded some of these coins that lost 1000% by now, same can happen to staking coins as well. Nobody ever said that every coin mined or stake will bring a garantee profit. That’s not how it currently works, even i would like to have only good coins. Reality is that at least 3/4 of the coins are just garbage, no doubt.

But than again, when we talk about mining/staking we are trying it with promising coins. If it works out later, when we risk mining/staking/holding/whatever, is another story.

About losing vs BTC. Believe it or not, i’am right now making my calculation for the last 6 months and 70+ coins i hold. Only 5 did better than BTC until now up to date, but until now doesn’t mean until end :wink:

However, these are not arguments against POS as you face exactly the same in POW mining and you should never forget that POS is mining as well, just made easier without expensive hardware, the principes/risks/gains are the same.

Nice, next time integrate as well the price graph and you would have noticed that the profitability chart followed so far the price chart (at least with your graph from 29th april until today). Not that it won’t go down soon or late, no doubt about that either.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the Z9 or in general asic calculations. As a gpu insider you better advice all these guys that bought the last months 1080ti’s for USD 1.000+ how to ROI :wink: Pretty sure the forums are full of these high price gpu buyers that could take good advice from gpu experts :slight_smile:

That would be a tall order for those who FOMO’d and bought them at that ridiculous price. I would say it could be done long term by prospect mining up and coming coins and waiting for the price to spike…but that’s a game of needing to mine multiple coins to sizable numbers at low difficulty in the hopes that “one of them” hits.

1 Like

Actually just checked some chats and conversations from January-March with some GPU dealers as i was hardly looking for some as well. The price went as high as 1,434 USD per 1080ti and all were sold out some hours later.

That’s why i said that instead of worrying about asic roi, someone very familar with gpu mining and an expert in that field better helps these “poor” guys now to roi them.

I remember. I sat on Reddit /r/zec telling people “do not buy at these prices” it wasn’t worth the risk. Throwing caution to the wind when the math doesn’t make sense on ROI is foolhardy. Especially when every coin was in a bear decline hard (still undetermined if we are recovering just yet). You don’t survive in mining by being reckless, you have to make the numbers work or your going to take a big loss.

This reminds me of a couple of crazy risks people took before the market dumped so hard:

What ever happened to the guy who sold everything and was living in a tent waiting for Bitcoin to “moon” even more. I never saw another post about him, but I remember reading him, wife, and kids were literally living in tents.

Then there was the guy who mortgaged his house and 9X’d the investment on Bitcoin…I hope he cashed out before the bottom fell out. Anybody know?

Totally agree, and i admit i was near of risking it myself and had weeks of sleepless nights doing calculations until i gave up on waiting and forgot about that high risk. However, a lot of friends bought of course.

I just checked right now again one of, if not the biggest reseller, here in my country.
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AORUS, **1209.88 USD, most expensive 1080ti available
PALIT GTX1080TI 11GB GDR5X, NEB1080T019LC-1021F, 1015.60 USD, cheapest 1080ti available

Price as 24th July 2018, need some? :roll_eyes:

Never heared about these, but than again, i’am not the guy reading about other people if it’s not directly related to a project.

I personally know several similar cases. One of them bought with all his funds at 18.500$ BTC and terminated his job as a bank director in the local office here the next day.
And a friend i personally know very good placed absolutly all his money on NEO, buying it at USD 137 USD, at least he used only all his free money (about 75k USD).

2eklod

3 Likes