Let’s talk about ASIC mining

Actually they accepted BCH/BTC and the value of those coins went up when they calculated that profit. So I think it part of that were gains from holdings.

Yeah for $20,000.00 it is.

Post about Monero, please discuss on thread.

1 Like

Post about Bitmain transparency policy, please discuss on thread.

Fake news? Intentialy missleading? Agenda? What is it exactly that a Zcash Team Member didn’t check the shipped Zcash/Equihash Asics but jumped blind on a fake news train?

I have never ever seen even apple fan this hardcore like boxalex is about Bitmain

5 Likes

It’s important to remember that Zcash could still Fork, everything is still up in the air, if you honestly believe they’re stringing you along because of some secret business deal then you’ve got another thing coming
Your conjecture comes from the fact that you have no idea what’s going to happen so you should just figure out how to cope with not being psychic and wait, Zcash is the future, wait

1 Like

No fake news, it’s just a change in a company’s policy. Copying response to you from the other thread:

-----===== snip =====-----

1. Bitmain’s May blog post describes their new transparency policy which applies to all units:

We have therefore decided to carry out the shipments and QA of all Antminer Z9 Mini units in the most transparent fashion possible.

1. Bitmain’s first tweet with shipping information was on May 27 and the last tweet was on June 27.

2. Bitmain’s July press release says their transparency policy only applies to some units:

We will publish information… for the first model of all new miners
… shipments within the first batches of those models

-----===== end snip =====-----

4 Likes

I wonder who the fake one is! Not the one with links.

This was posted a week or so ago, its a pdf concerning various PoWs
http://sci-hub.tw/https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-96884-1_26
Edit- it’s closer to a proof of research model where the idea is the work performed isn’t meaningless hashing but actual research but still verifiable within time parameters for blockchain use (supposedly)

i think they work in bitmain)))

Have folk on this thread who are Bitmain customers received the "KYC Online Notification " email yet?

2 Likes

Yes. I received a notification.

Interesting. Why would a hardware manufacturer need KYC?

My thought is that some countries (China) are worried about their citizens using mining as a way to increase foreign capital outflows into crypto, preparing for a down market. In recent months they have been cracking down and tightening their grip because they know something is coming.

Not sure either, but could be for several reasons:

• with the bitmain account you get access as well to their miningpool and whatever not, could be even releated with payouts there.
  • Maybe they must provide data for tax declerations or similars or just some governement rule they need to apply.

True, but they don’t offer exchange services or any sort of exit to FIAT so I don’t see the point in it.

I have no idea either, it’s just guessing and it could be even a mix of these:

• if i remember right the hold shares at exchanges and for example at viabtc you have some kind of miniexchange to exchange some coins into others. No fiat, but still.
  • eventually it helps limiting some purchases of miners that many so far expolited by using just different email adresses.
  • but most likely, at least in my opinion, it’s the governement/tax departement forcing them to to give each income/revenue a real payer/counter part of the deal. I remember about 20 years ago when i still maintained some larger web sites and my income was in checks than back my tax departement at some time ask me to put in the real issuer for each check i got, into the tax decleration. Which again than back, was a 100+ pages tax decleration due all the info they requested, lol.
  • Or indeed related to the IPO, to provide real data about their business.
  • Or eventually just to avoid possible future problems.

as said, i think it’s a mix of the above, but still, just guessing.
P.S.: Just did the verification, at least easy as hell without much documents needed. Name, Adress, Front of ID/passport, number of ID document, that’s it.

I think those have the most merit to be honest based on what we actually know, and what Bitmain is currently doing. Thanks for pointing those out. If Bitmain is truly serious about preventing a single entity from monopolizing the hardware…as they have suggested, then this makes sense. It also makes sense as some sort of regulatory requirement for their upcoming IPO.

But they are excluded from that monopolisation and can make mining facilities with 100s off thousands off ASICs…