Let’s talk about ASIC mining

You people still don’t get it, all the argument have been laid out in this thread from the past months go read it, I will not rehash, I will post again once Zcash reaches US$ 50 dollars in a couple of months and the rest of the market is up or just treading water.

2 Likes

Fine February 24th 2018 Values from the start of this thread

BTC value 9327 and now $6475 31% loss

BCH $1171 and now $448 - 62% loss

ETH $828 and now $203 - 75.5% loss

XMR $269 and now $114 - 58% loss

Zcash $414.00 and now $118 - 71.5% loss

NOTHING TO DO WITH ASIC MINING

There is not a single coin anywhere near its 02/24/18 pricing

2 Likes

Heres horizens new mechanism, submission delay penalties

1 Like

Another new manufacturer, claims can do ethash at 1.4Ph and 1/8th the power consumption of E3 which does 190 Gh

(Maybe its terra and not peta, not sure)

In my opinionn this manufaturer is coming too late with it’s release. Pretty sure it’s too close to the POS release. Additionally the reduced block reward coming mostly in October by ETH, doesn’t make me think that Ethash is interesting (profitable) for for asics being released in 2019…

1 Like

I thought that too, and with the progow talk seems a little bold or foolhardy

The article states that this new miner is expected to do 1400 MH/s, which is still a substantial improvement from the E3 which does 190 MH/s. Right now that would make about $24 USD per day before electrical costs, but the author fails to account for the Constantinople hard fork that will occur before the launch of this product, which they expect to ship in April 2019. EIP 1234 reduces the Ethereum block reward to 2 ETH from the current 3 ETH, so the daily revenue from this miner will be at least 1/3 less than current estimates.

Agreed. Not even talking about the E3 itself, the 2nd worst Asic ever after the B3 model. The E3 is a piece of junk and it’s not hard to improve the hashrate for it as i predicted allready 2 months ago that the E3 is a low end asic …
However, every ETH asic that isn’t released in 2018 will fail in my opinion…

1 Like

Good governance and hard forks
https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2018-09/s-arc091218.php
From

Hard Forks are like scalpels cutting into somebody, it’s good if it’s done for the right reason hence the governance

1 Like

i stopped mining zec before summer.

IMO asics destroyed the project.

network 30M and it just the beginnign…
price is going down, while volume of coins being sold increases.

want to say also, that in the beginning it was easy to spot huge hashrate show up on the network.

but now, with second batch, you can not see that so clearly anymore.

so it is perfect time to take over the difficulty.

once they do that, they will take control over the market.

dev team let very big and aggressive player in.
so sad did not change to 144_5 or whatever.

Well you could build or fork your own project off of Zcash (others have), just organize

1 Like

Fair point. I honestly never thought BITMAINs “transparency” would (or could, from a business standpoint) continue. The more accurately an end-user can calculate projected difficulty, the less likely they are to purchase, in all likelihood. This, of course, applies to all ASIC manufacturers, but BM made the biggest public fuss over their disclosure efforts.

1 Like

Amazing… thanks a lot!

Heres Grins story, scroll up a ways look for Tromers posts

Unfortunately, the title of the piece misrepresents our plans:

In the first years, Grin will have a dual-PoW system, with one Pow
being ASIC friendly, and the other being ASIC resistant (by virtue of
frequent forks).

Over the 2 years, the resistant one will linearly decrease from 90% of
rewards to 0% of rewards, while the friendly one will increase from
10% to 100%.
So this is how we “limit their use on its network in the short-term”
as the article notes.

2 Likes

I read when you first posted about that, its interesting
Im not surprised at the inaccuracies in the article which sucks (the inaccuracies not the article) I imagine they could redact it
(If thats the right word)

1 Like

@boxalex as predicted at the start of this ASIC mess; it is @zooko pigheadedness that as killed Zcash and the trend lines are clear. Why do some people think they are the fountain of all knowledge and wisdom because they are programmers, its SAD really, beta max v.s. video tape all over again.

Price update:
(XMR US$117.19 36 ZEC US$117.20 as of 16/9/2018 9:37 AM EST)

2 Likes

Dont forget that amount of coins on XMR is a lot bigger 16,411,297 XMR vs 4,810,519 Zcash, so it was a lot harder for XMR to catch up to Zcash price. 4x as hard

Harder? Yeah, it doesn’t work that way.
You should consider volume for the difficulty of price change.

The higher the volume the harder it will flactuate.
Monero’s volume is much less, so it’s actually easier to make the price change.

2 Likes