Let’s talk about ASIC mining

Check out latest pricing on litecoin and dash ASIC miners

Question for you all is does this mean they:

A) Can produce them cheaper than this price

B) Are selling them heavily used

C) Next generation of Litecoin and Dash miners is ready and they want to get rid of the old ones

D) They can make Equihash ASICS for the same price as these

E) All of the above.

1 Like

Or they are taking a loss to move out older inventory.

4 Likes

LOL dont be naive :slight_smile:

This makes actually most sense. It’s better to get some bucks than nothing if you have old(er) units in stock.
Everybody doing real life business with selling something knows that it’s still the better option to make a small lose than a total absolute lose, just logical.

Most likely combined with optioon C) that better miners are either allready planned or sold by the competition. Point B) could be valid as well of course. I personally totally exclude option A), D) and E)…

3 Likes

or maybe is has something to with that at current pricing you are returning zero profit

3 Likes

What values did you enter for the L3? Just checked and i get totally different results on whattomine just to double check your numbers and screenshot.

I used bitmain L3++ @ 580MH with default Whattomines ASIC tab (making sure to turn off all other algorithms).

If by me telling the truth makes any of you upset well sometimes the truth hurts. Grow up. Don’t censor me for pointing out facts because your too ignorant about what can really happen because of your actions. That’s purely being a child.

Hey genius… what do you think VCs are??? You obviously don’t understand what it takes to get a multi billion dollar project off the ground where you want to have everyone wanting to use your coin and invest MONEY into you. How do you think since I hold zcash coin that I’m not an investor??? Just because I mine it… I still hold it which makes me an investor. Your a real genius. Boy, you kids today sure don’t know how to distinguish what the different kinds of investors there are in this market or any market and I’ll go one step further to say “in this world” as well.
When you kids/GPU guys want to grow up and start playing with the big boys ig. Hedge fund mgrs, Dow, Nasdaq, commodities.
Only when you kids stop playing your little cat and mouse games will crypto ever be taken seriously. Your arguments might be valid to a certain point but nobody and I mean nobody who has money will invest into your business unless it’s a sound business model and they can get a ROI ASAP. So whatever little games you want to play ASIC vs GPU vs FPGA realize this you little boys and girls will never get your coin to the top unless you all stop complaining one over the other and embrace all technology so the coin can move forward and hopefully come out ahead. But until you do the hedge fund mgrs and Dow and nasdaq will never take us seriously and it will take longer for crypto to go mainstream. Meaning the billions of dollars they have in cash right now just waiting to be invested into the right place, will just be invested somewhere else. So all you boys and girls who are complaining one over the other, STOP. You are only hurting yourself and mostly importantly THE COIN.
The name of the game is and always will be “MONEY”!!!
“Money talks and Bullshit walks!”
Which one are YOU?

1 Like

Hey genius. If you hold any crypto coins or stocks or bonds or any other type of investment instrument well that makes you an investor of that instrument.
We learned that in Econ 101

Checked it, only as a side note, only the guys with real low electricity run these settings. Most downclock the L3’s to ~550 MH/s which results in about 750-800W. Just in case you are interested to get a real picture of it …
Not that it mattes much…

If they are moving old inventory where is the new???

Its normal that when you put out new generation hardware to sell lower price off last gen…but we dont see any new gen they selling

asic loses value like falling rock.
because it has no real use.
because it can not do anything other than making money for asic producer and draining equihash, sha256, or whatever else they optimized it for.

if you let asic in, you will always see:

• manipulations (hashrate, hardware price, etc.etc.etc.)
  • eventually more than 50% hashrate from hidden Chinese pools
  • from the day asic purchased miner enters money making race with constant inflation increase.
  • you will see huge hashrate out of nowhere, jumping, adopting, looking its way to receive as much coins as possible, using system glitchs.
  • unpredictable network difficulty.
  • unpredictable next generation of asics, which puts previous asics out of game instantly.

GPU is much more flexible, people who mine with GPU have much more choice. Network is much more stable. Fair, predictable, self regulating.

So, why zcash sticking with asics again?

Let’s loose asics now, it’s pure disaster.

1 Like

Where can I find analysis wrt hidden pools?

I see people mentioning “hidden pools”, but we can see exactly which addresses are mining each block and can determine the distribution of all blocks mined. There’s no such thing as a hidden pool with majority hashpower as it would be easily identifiable. More than likely, a miner with a majority of hashpower would be keen on avoiding detection, and they could divide their hashpower between several of the largest pools in order to circumvent scrutiny. The idea that a majority miner would mine to a single address is just plain wrong and completely ignores game theory.

@nec All of your critiques of ASIC mining are correct besides hidden pools. Chinese pools (Poolin, Antpool, F2pool) already control over 60% of the hashpower, so hidding in plain sight is a more accurate description.

3 Likes

The miningpool issue for ZEC was bad with GPU and is actually a bit better now, not that it really matters. But maybe many forgot allready that than back we had 1x miningpool alone with 50+% most the time…

Doesn’t really matter as the miningpool issue is just with any POW coin with high hashrate the weak point, even for BTC where 4-5 pools control as well around 70% …

Anybody any idea if overt AsicBoost is possible on the equihash algo and the Z9/Z9minis as well? IF yes i’am pretty sure they will release it the next weeks…

Since yesterday updated my S9’s and it’s a good improvement with about 0.1-0.3TH/s more hash rate and about 20% less power (about 200-230W less now).

Theres a guy on Discord with a dead batch 1 board, only 2 chains appear so its probably in open circuit, cooked
If I remember correctly those ones I had standard clock of over 700

Doubtful - its specific to SHA256.

Current Zcash Difficulty: 46,143,834.92543920

One year ago under 10,000,000.000
But
On z.cash is still at… d txt :slight_smile:

“…For now, the ZCash hashrate has not shown too much fluctuation, or a rapid growth that may be indicative of ASIC working in the background, …”

Verry funny txt KEEP going that way hi hi hi

It took ZCash a year and half to get to 10M difficulty with GPUs, and was still slowly climbing. Now within 4-5 months of ASICs we have swings in one day of 10M difficulty. How quickly things can change.