Miner- Claymore's Zcash Miner

obviously , never over 70 °C, there are Nitro RX 480 8GB.
In the logs there are a lot of error, like VM_CONTEXT1_PROTECTION_FAULT_STATUS

Strange i also had a rx 480 nitro oc 8G fail using 9.2 Claymore but I’m not sure what caused it, rig with 5 rx480 all same cards and rig crashed last card was dead and no idea why but put it down to bad card it was 5 weeks old would light up sapphire logo but not showing in window or fans spinning up like others at start up she’s just dead

Any idea what is the output performance for : XFX RX 480 RS, 4GB ?

Should be around 220s/s for 4G 480 stock

1 Like

Claymore v 10.0 is out now.

1 Like

I see some improvement 255 Sol on RX 480, nothing changed for R9 Fury or 390X

I’m running a 480 and a 470 on win10 and keep getting these errors, but only after 20-40 minutes of mining, than i have to restart… Anyone have any idea what the problem might be?
I’m not getting it on version 9.0 but the its much slower. (only on 9.1+)

How are you connecting to your local network? Do you have a VPN activated by any chance? If you have a VPN like Witopia up, disconnect, restart the miner and let it connect first.

No vpn, I have another rig running on the same network and running version 10 just fine

linux rx 480 4gb only noticing around 230-233 sol/s now. Like 8sol/sec more than the previous version. I wonder why I am not noticing the gains as others have?

Disconnect, switch to SSL and try again, also check your firewall.

With Optiminer now substantially faster than Claymores miner, is anyone considering Switching over? Claymore has been very good about staying in front but as of late not so much.

Well, v11 was just released, and it totally underwhelming. Optiminer v1.3 is still clearly ahead, or at least on par (for RX GPUs). I’m doing significantly better with opti-v1.3 on my Nanos.

Yes Everyone with a GPU built from 10 years ago using drivers from same era are extremely happy with his latest release but what a let down v11 is same as the v10 release, Claymore promised great speed up of rx series gpu when Optiminer released his faster miner to stop us switching then released this garbage,Time to switch to Optiminer

255 on MSI RX 480 8gb stock, claymore needs to push a bit more
V11 did nothing

I just wrote up my method for building a headless Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 6 gpu mining rig for Zcash. This one runs Claymore 10.0.

The entire BOM list is included, and the entire Linux setup, with the scripts I use. If anyone has time to look at it and offer suggestions, I’d appreciate it. This is a guide that a noob should be able to use.

I’m using Sapphire Radeon Fury 9’s. Total for 6 GPU’s is 2055 H/s. They use a LOT of power though. I’m thinking I should use the RX480’s instead because they are more flexible and over a year or two will end up saving me money. At 240VAC the mining rig is pulling about 7 amps. That’s 1600 Watts!

The other problem I have is finding good PCIE risers. Whatever brand I choose, about half of them are bad - either right away with a short, or after running for a few minutes.

My rig with Furys only won’t even hash on v11. Anyone else have that problem? My rig with RX480s worked fine.

update…I used -asm 0 and now it hashes…same speed though :frowning:

Claymore V10
-HD 7950 225h/s
-HD 7870 Tahiti 150h/s
Claymore V11
-HD 7950 253h/s with asm 1 :slight_smile:
-HD 7870 152h/s

Same speed as 10.0 fury