Miner- Zogminer: Linux SILENTARMY

Some from me is still pending. Thanks.

1 Like

Please give me an XMR donation adress too. :slight_smile:

Is it just me or does running the index.js do nothing?

adaseb try running index.js on my javascript solver that I posted last night, not the zogminer. That should do something

Currently the project under zogminer repo is just fragments of pieces needed for the miner. It has the json prc parts, the opencl connections, and some bitcoin things needed for block preparation, and some bitcoin things not needed for a full node.

We are all putting our heads together and starting work on the GPU kernels today, wish us luck!

Thanks Prometheus for the dono offer, adding XMR address and ETH

BTC: 1A67XmfyukPNbrMmckBToE8xZPesuM6Ti1

ETH: 0x82a642cAFD6bFc228C7B5Ea0394A0Ad702A7c03D

XMR : 43x3xKUx7pCieF6r6dBGrVGwyko8ZgeEdJFeUU4MjxYECDKng7SmpU2P5fP5Nito8uHmC1uDDnLyh9FTVYMes1DRLNixjMW

2 Likes

Donation sent, guess the XMR price will correct this week upwards so keep it. :smiley:

1 Like

Please tell me how to run it?? Tell me how to configure? Iā€™m a noob in this matter, if possible.

Check you PMā€™s, I just sent my phone/text number and let you know the test rig configuration. I tried to put a card representative of the most popular card of that generation on it. RX 480, R9 380, R9 290. I could maybe find an even older card than the 290 like a 270 or HD 7970 if you need it. Just let me know what you need and Iā€™ll be sending you your IP address and login credentials.

Donated. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Guys, for now we are starting work on the GPU miner, there is nothing to test yet. We will let you guys now when we have something.

We will have instructions in the readme, whenever something is ready to test.

Small update:

I have made progress with the first step of the solver, list generation using Blake2b. Tomorrow I plan to finish up CPU implementation and start with OpenCL port of Blake2b.

2 Likes

Hey voxelot :slight_smile: nice job. If you still need any specified hardware (solo or multi gpu, cpu with or without aes) with teamveaver /windows,mac/ or ssh with linux just post here or PM me. I have also remote managment power switches to enable/disable power.

Cheers!
q.

I have rigs with 6x RX 470 and one pc running a single R9 270X available for testing.

Zcash GPU Open-miner captains log 0.0.4:

I wrote some of my findings on the equihash PoW in a docs directory in the repo. This was to help me understand everything about equihash so moving forward on GPU implementations will not require any learning there. I am trying to document the exact details that zcash implements so that the daemon will accept solutions provided by our miner.

https://github.com/nginnever/zogminer/blob/master/docs/zcash-pow.md

We are always talking about ways to optimize the equihash process for GPU process in gitter so feel free to join in on the conversation. I have been playing with opencl execution and hope to get a good sorting algo down that meets the equihash specs while others in the community work on generating the L on kernel with blake2b hashes.

Cheers!

vox

3 Likes

New update:

After 12 hours of coding with only one break to eat, I have an initial OpenCL port of Blake2b working. There is still a lot of testing to be done since I had to use several hacks, but it is a start.

Thanks to the Blake2b port, I also have completed a rough version of the list generation code in OpenCL. This is the 1st out of 3 steps in the solver. Still has to be tested and improved, but again it is a start.

We are thinking of changing from JS to C/C++ so this could set us back a little, but in the end we think it will be better.

I now have to get back to my full time job since I am really behind with a project, and will not be able to do anything during the weekend. But I will definitely free some more time next week to keep on working on this.

Cheers.

8 Likes

Zcash GPU Open-miner captains log 0.0.5:

Big thanks to omaralv for working on the blake implementation. Donation address for this work is below and in the main topic post. I know having two separate donation spaces for myself and omaralv is a bit cumbersome for the donators but we felt it would be fair to let the community decide who they would like to donate to. If my donations outnumber omaralv and his work out weighs mine I will transfer funds to his accounts.

ETH:
0x000DCB7ccB55faDaEc5C4A13E173a1E30e643867
BTC:
18tvCqDFAFWv3jwDqXe5SBs6bmy9Xn4bnN

In other news I have been working on bitonic and radix parallel sorting algorithms in opencl in preparation for the list that we can now generate. This is going to take some time but it is my main task for this weekend.

Moving the host platform from JS to C++ seems to make sense since the zcash miner is already in C++ and Iā€™m hoping to leverage as much the miner code as possible. This would include initializing the blake2b equihash state and allocating GPU memory and passing that state to the kernel to create the list hashes (iā€™m finding it easier to pass the pointers in C rather than node buffers to the kernel). Hopefully this wonā€™t set us back too far. Our main focus is to get a solver that will place equihash solutions into a memory block that the host can read and check for the proper leading zeros as specified by the difficulty parameter.

Cheers!

vox

donations <3

BTC Donations: 1A67XmfyukPNbrMmckBToE8xZPesuM6Ti1

ETH: 0x82a642cAFD6bFc228C7B5Ea0394A0Ad702A7c03D

3 Likes

will it be that donators get the miner gpu software early? what card support will come on with the software?

Yeah weā€™ll prioritize getting the software to the top donators. Of course everything is in a public repo so if you know how to build and configure your hardware you could start right away. So we can prioritize helping top donators get set up who donā€™t have a greater knowledge of this.

As of right now we are building an opencl standard so expect that AMD graphics cards will be best suited for our software. We are not planning to build CUDA support yet. However currently the code does run on Nvidia. Iā€™m building the kernel on a macbook with nvidia. We have no idea what the best cards for performance on our algorithm will be yet or what drivers will cause problems.

2 Likes

Yay, I have hardware but no real coding skills so I donated 0.5 BTC. :slight_smile:

+.25 BTC to omaralv ā€¦ par condicio mezzo gaudio :slight_smile:

Do you need my test rig?

Zcash GPU Open-miner captainā€™s log 0.1.2:

I am continuing work on the equihash kernel solver and making progress. There is a fair amount of small details in the algorithm that are taking me time to iron out. I want to be sure that as I build every byte and bit matches what zcashd expects. I have a local build solving and will commit the code when I feel ready, not long I promise.

I have entered Zogminer in the open souce contest by the zcash team yesterday as well! While we are having great success building the miner, I still believe we will lose to another developer who currently has or is building a miner in secret or just another team I donā€™t know about that is moving faster than us.

The Team:

@AgeManning has made his first commit to zogminer! Everybody please thank him for beginning to convert Omarā€™s C host opencl platform to c++. We had a discussion and decided that calling the kernels from c++ would allow us to use as much of the existing zcashd code as possible. Hopefully he can continue the zcashd integration while I work on the kernel. He also enjoys math and can provide input on the algorithm as we fine tune it.

@omaralv unfortunally had his dev machines PSU blow up today. Basegod please let us get through this without too many sparks. Hopefully he can get back up soon. He is continuing work on zcashd integration with a standalone miner make (trimming as much bitcoin out of zcashdā€™s solver as we can) and the rpc client.

All the best,

voxelot

11 Likes