Miner- [NiceHash] Zcash CPU/GPU for Linux and Windows

As you might already know, NiceHash will support Zcash from day one (28th of the October).
We are pushing boundaries and working around the clock so that we can offer you something user friendly in the front but beast in the back.

Nheqminer is available here
NiceHash Miner (GUI) is available here

You’ll also be able to rent hashing power to mine Zcash or buy fast cloud mining contract.

All of you who want to mine Zcash with NiceHash but still earn ZEC (instead of BTC), here is a pool you can use: http://zcash.nicehash.com/

GitHub

Other topics

Our social channels:

https://twitter.com/NiceHashMining

15 Likes

That’s great! What kind of CPUs are reaching 5 to 10 sol/s?

What is the difference in income for selling hashing power through NiceHash and being compensated for contributing to an equivalent mining pool?

1 Like

Will you be providing a stand-alone CPU or GPU miner for those that want to provide the Hardware for NiceHash? Or for everyone?

6.8 H/s reached by CPU i7-5930K (app. 13 S/s).

As a seller of hashing power you can earn more because the buyers are determining the final price. You are also paid in Bitcoins - this is the main difference from other pools.

But if you want to possess ZEC, then it is better to buy hashing power from NiceHash, because you will be able to get massive amount of hashing power in really short amount of time for the lowest price possible.

All of this is possible by one of a kind marketplace NiceHash is offering.

1 Like

Yep, other mining services offer you to get 0.x or few hashes, with us, you will be able to buy several kilo hash per second of speed. And what is the best beauty - our orders (contracts) are cancellable at any time and your remaining invested funds are returned. If something goes wrong, you simply cancel mining and you loose 0.

Yes, there will be a stand-alone open-source miner for all, but we will also integrate the code into our NiceHash Miner software so it will be user friendly.

@NikiNiceHash Hi I am new to the NiceHash model, so for what is my understanding of what said above, it will either be possible to sell our zcash hashing power to NiceHash and get Bitcoin as the reward, or buy hashing power from you if we want to mine zcash directly.

So it will not be possible to have you acting as a pool and directly mine zcash, getting zcash in reward, is this correct?

Is great that you are setting up a miner for Windows as well. Have you already done some test on Windows? Is it as good as Linux to mine?

Thanks

1 Like

Hello @armyman ! Yes, you are correct. NiceHash will not act as a pool. It will collect hashing power and direct it to the pool of buyer’s choosing. Buyers will compete for the best price for hashing power that is available on the marketplace. And yes, Windows results are 5-10 H/s at the time of testing.

You should change the topic and remove the “GPU” part, you got me all excited for nothing…

2 Likes

Are you guys planning to support AMD with your GPU miner?

1 Like

Nicehash a donation to the miner-dev from your company will be a good sign for us common miner. It wouldn’t take a big chunk out of your profit. C’mon show some love.

Currently only Nvidia is supported. AMD is planned as well, but no exact date is known.

Would you trust someone else to spend your money better than you?

1 Like

@valarray As soon as I get the data, I will publish it here.

Please clarify. I would like to use GitHub - tpruvot/cpuminer-multi: crypto cpuminer (linux + windows) for AMD CPU, will it work on Debian?

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.
Is a price list already available on your website? (Both to sell hash power and to buy zcash hash power?) Thanks

Could You please exactly point the link where I can download miner for CPU for Linux (Debian)? As it comes from the github page of the miner Equihash is not supported (outdated)?

1 Like

OK miners, our nheqminer is ready!

Download windows binaries here:

Linux build instructions are here:

On the link above you’ll also find instructions to run the miner, benchmark your computer, etc.

Please note that this is our first release, CUDA supported release will be available in the following days!

Of course, special thanks goes to the z.cash community and Tromp for the solvers!

3 Likes