Price Speculation

It feels like Sapling could drop tomorrow, go live without nary a hitch, and the price of Zcash would decline. Timing isn’t everything, but it really does seem like the stage is set for Zcash to take its greatest stride forward to the same fanfare I experience when I successfully poach an egg, in my apartment, alone.

On that note, what’s the bona fide plan and strategy beyond Sapling? I have always had the impression that Zcash had committed the vast majority of its resources to developing Sapling and preparing its deployment to the near total exclusion of coin development beyond it. I’ve read about various feature wish lists and possible avenues of research, but really… what IS the concrete path forward beyond Sapling? Is it just refinement/further exploration of that feature, or is there has a consensus been reached on how to proceed?

To tie it all back in with price speculation, Sapling’s launch and its attributes won’t be enough to drive Zcash to new highs, in my opinion. The crypto-space is a graveyard as far as wide adoption is concerned right now, and at the end of the day, we’ll need the general population to hop on board (and pony up their fiat) if we want to see those kinds of prices again…at least in a sustainable way.

Holy s***, I just looked at the price I’ve been on vacation what did you people do!? Lol

But seriously, most of your points of no return I imagine have sailed, half of all zcash exists as unspent mining Rewards so we’ll see if that remains to be the case coming up in the near future

[Moderation edit by @daira: this graph shown by Zchain is wildly wrong; it is counting non-coinbase UTXOs as if they were coinbase. This bug was reported and I thought it had been fixed, but apparently not :frowning: ]

Like you said, it’s too much blood, needs letting, bad blood, manipulated blood
Real stress test and it must happen

Did you bring Al back with you?

1 Like

🔴 Buying Bitcoin is Like Buying Air - YouTube Solid gold.

1 Like

Its btc inflated (fake) volume, according to this article it goes like clockwork, its like a marshmallow in a vacuum but now the pressures equalizing

And under 120$ sinking hard…

…and $118 was critical, we just broke it. oh well.

grayscale sept 4 ZEC investment trust ~ $20 million.

grayscale sept 7 ZEC investment trust ~ $16.8 million

and now the 100% pure shitcoin ZEN appears.

Ive been trolling around on zen discord, apparently they’ve rebranded to Horizen, the Zen Blockchain Foundation Corporation decided to maintain equihash, it didn’t appear to be a community decision, I requested their nonprofit information but their not a 501c, just a Delaware NP so they said no
Personally I think Rob heard how much Zooko makes decided to follow suit, so yea shitcoin
Its informative through how vague it is

1 Like

alright, $120 … we’re defending the very important $118 level. it’s a fight tho. hopefully we won’t be fighting over this for long.

super-bummer watching dogecoin blow our doors off as we fight for critical levels…

Doge and bitcoin diamond are best performers at the moment…wtf

Markets way of saying, “F U!”

1 Like

Doge going up 10% today while everything else shits the bed is like the Ghost of Pets.com laughing from the grave!

1 Like

And bcd up for 25% no words…when our pump is going to pump?

When we fork away from ASICS :wink:

1 Like

october, imo. still brutal to watch other alts shrug-off BTC when zcash hasn’t really accomplished that in her lifespan. also, really hated to see dash skyrocket when we were so close.

Inflation rate is over 1% daily…

[Moderation edit by @daira for an error of fact: the monetary base inflation of Zcash is currently just under 0.15% daily.]

[Moderation edit by @daira: struck out due to being based on a false premise.]

inflation is gross, no doubt. been bitching about that for a minute. only reason i can think of to have high inflation before an alt has matured is maximum payout for zcashco in the first 4 years. lower inflation would mean smaller payout. that’s just what i’m thinking.

savor the flavor dash… we’ll see you in october

Hope you are right about october, otherwise we are fading slowly