Proposal & Possible Changes in the Foundation Governance

This does not seem to be 100% correct. Ian Miers is a Foundation board member and a Zcash Founder at the ECC.

The Foundations “Community Governance Panel Members” as well have several people directly affilated with the ECC:

Daira Hopwood (ECC), Jack Grigg (ECC), Sean Bowe (ECC), Simon Liu (Ex-ECC), Gordon Mohr (ECC Advisor), Christina Garman (ECC Zcash Founding Scientist), Eran Tromer (ECC Zcash Founding Scientist), Ian Miers (ECC Zcash Founding Scientist), Matthew Green (ECC Zcash Founding Scientist)

This raises the question IF at all founders and employees of ECC should be in the Foundation Governance Panel IF the target is maximum foundation independence and balance in protocol/development/monetary decisions

Me too, but as i mentioned allready with the current full financial dependentence from the Founders, having ECC and/or Founders in the Foundations board of directors and the community governance panel there possible acting/balancing/opposing abillity is at very least compromised or weak. Hence again my conclusion: Currently the Zcash Foundation doesn’t play much of a role at all.

I’am all for enhancing and improving this state and giving the foundation more independence, possibilites, control, whatever, but this can only happen IF we accept that the foundation is not as independent as it may look like from outside…

I will go even further with a possibilty scenario about voting/polling about the funding proposals:

There is a good chance that again the Foundation’s “Community Governance Panel” is used for voting/polling after NO other voting/polling mechanism is worked on. Actually i could bet it’s going to be like that. Strange enough no priority and urgency is giving on any polling/voting mechanism at all, at least i’am not aware of any that could be finished, implented and fine-tuned and to be reliable enough to be used in this funding debatte.

Resources: