Protect the integrity of the monetary base supply schedule

One large reputable vendor like APMEX would produce a lot more volume of zcash transactions than a whole bunch of the sketchy fringe vendors that can be found on the community vendor page.

1 Like

Agreed, that would be awesome if APMEX accepted Zcash payments for gold. What did they say when you asked?

They said nope. BTC and BCH only.

I get the impression they are not outlandishly tech-oriented. Someone, probably an exchange, must be making it easy for them accept BTC/BCH. ECC should be out there in the marketplace figuring out why there is no one helping big vendors accept ZCash.

Here’s another example. EasyDNS, a company that highly values its users’ privacy, accepts BTC and Litecoin but not ZEC. Why not? I wish @zooko and the entire ECC team would memorizethis bit from the EasyDNS blog:

technological superiority is not the sole factor that dictates market acceptance. If it were, we would have had Beta, not VHS. All servers would be *nix servers, there would be no NT, anywhere. Microsoft would not exist. BeOS would still be a thing.

In other words. It doesn’t matter if your blockchain is the absolute best blockchain ever . What really matters is whether people who possess a mere fraction of the brainpower of the typical blockchain programmer, (people, like me) can wrap their head around it and find it usable. If they can’t, your product or your blockchain or whatever, at the very least will not attain market ubiquity and may actually experience market failure .

Market failure is where Zcash is headed.

1 Like

What I’ve heard from many vendors who say ‘nope’, isn’t that they don’t know how to accept it, but rather there’s not enough demand. They usually follow up with, ‘if more people ask, we’ll offer Zcash as a payment option.’

1 Like

Planning to replace the burn mechanism in my proposal@daira alluded to other mechanisms on last night’s call as well

3 Likes