REQUIRED config change for zcash4win 1.0.12

See my post above, that’s the one you want.

Thank you for your reply!

I’m not sure if it works for me yet. I just started to mine Zcash and I hope I will be able to see whether there will be Zcash deposited to my Zcash4win wallet.

I have tried Jaxx last few days, only to find out that Jaxx zcash address no longer support mining – reason given was it slows down Jaxx networks.

I will let you know if it works.

Thanks!

The wallet does not work in Windows 10, you can not waste your valuable time fighting this application. I mined the ZEC for 3 days, and all the money was lost, because the wallet no longer works. I think that developers secretly steal money from miners with the help of this purse. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The suggested config change did not fix the issue for me.

Windows 10

I even deleted the blocks and tried to resync with the new config argument… but it still freezes at “Daemon is taking longer than expected to load”.

I apologize for the hasty conclusions. The purse earned on vin10 was enough to just make a change in the configuration file. :sweat_smile::disappointed_relieved:

probably you made a change to the wrong configuration file. Describe the path to the file where you made the changes.

As i said above…

No solution yet.

working fine for me after adding the config change and rebooting and synching up. Don’t complain about not seeing your transaction if you’re not snyched 100%.

Its intermittent, sometimes not sometimes

I haven’t had any problems with this wallet and have been using it for the last 9 months or so on Windows 10. I’ve just updated to 1.0.12 and it’s working fine…

1 Like

I must be incredzbly stupid!
I have read the instructions several times.
I have downloaded zcash4win1.0.12 to my W10 PC.
I have tried to locate this important zcash.conf file without success.
I have unhidden things in Explorer.
I have Searched the entire harddisk. No file or folder like that.
Finally I just executed zcash4win.exe.
It started and requested to download “a large file” which I allowed.
Then I got “daemon not starting…”.

Where did I go wrong?

Thanks,
NB

The conf file didnt exist until you launched
You can find it now at %appdata%

Ive got an idea, ill post tomorrow
Edit-it didnt work

I made the configuration change in the following path:

%AppData%\Roaming\Zcash

No luck. Still doesn’t open for me.

try to reinstall Jawa

1 Like

I think i will, tried everything else

If you are having the same issue as I am (zcashd keeps crashing, preventing the wallet from syncing the blockchain), I may have a band-aid fix that works (so far). It involves manually restarting zcashd, which (for me) is located at C:\Program Files\winzec\app. I get a blank command shell, but the wallet itself changes zcashd status from not running to running, and the wallet would proceed to sync again. Not sure what is causing the daemon to crash, but it’s annoying.