Should i use ssd or hdd and what´s the difference with pagefiles (speed?) between those?

As above, Should i use ssd or hdd and what´s the difference with pagefiles (speed?) between those?

1 Like

just get 60 or 80 gb ssd, so much faster to work with…

1 Like

hdd will work fine for mining, but ssd boots faster, launches things faster… and its better for something that is on 24.7 due to no moving parts. if you already have an hdd, you can use it, but probably best to buy an ssd in the future

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. I was mainly thinking about the effect on the pagefile speed and overall performance since i don´t have 16 gigs of ram other than in one rig.

1 Like

wel im not sure exactly as I never use an hdd these days, i used one for the first few days after building one of my rigs and there was really no difference in speeds but that was mining eth… i would guess its fine if you want to use it… just try and see i suppose

1 Like

HDD are usually designed to run 24/7 no problem. They’re not all created equal but not bad option. However for zcash since you may be involving the pagefile which is stored on the hard drive; solid state is probably the way to go.
Also if you are being particular about power… the difference between HDD and SSD is negligible.

1 Like