The Global Ambassador Program

Update

The initial three-month trial period is scheduled to end on May 31. The ZCG committee has discussed the program, and we believe it has been successful and want to continue it. We recommend the community support keeping the current cohort of ambassadors on for the remainder of the year. We also recommend adding a few more ambassadors over the next few months and invite community members to nominate candidates or announce their interest in this thread.

Over time, we would like this program to be run and managed by the ambassadors. To that end, we have appointed @yoditar as “Head Ambassador” to help coordinate discussion and activities with the other ambassadors and help ensure monthly reports are submitted to ZF on time. Thank you to Yoditar, and all the ambassadors, for all their hard work and dedication.

Highlights

Below are some highlights from the first three months of the program:

• @artkor – Produced Russian-language dubs of the Fireside chat with Zooko at ETH Denver & Zcash Media documentaries on YouTube.
  • @_eric Organized physical meetups in Charlotte, NC, maintained the paywithzcash website, created the zecmap merchant locator, and produced videos using the SPEDN app by Flexa to pay for things with Zcash.
  • @Michae2xl Focused on building out the Brazilian community via the Zcash Brasil Twitter and other social media and translated a number of Tweets and blog posts into Portuguese.
  • @yoditar Ran the Spanish Zcash Group on Telegram and hosted a number of virtual meetup events focused on attracting new users, translated a number of articles from ECC and ZF into Spanish, and ran the very active Zcash Español Twitter account.
  • @ziga Produced regular content via the DocumentingZEC Twitter account. He’s significantly increased his follower count over the past few months, and is often re-tweeted by accounts with large amounts of followers, such as Barry Silbert.
  • @Zoz Organized z2z onboarding events for the Arabic community and maintained the active ZECArabic Twitter account.

How to Apply

If you’d like to be considered for the program or nominate someone else, please use this thread to introduce yourself to the community and let us know how you’d like to get involved. You can also send an email to grants@zfnd.org.

Program Guidelines

The Global Ambassador Program is designed to identify and reward community members who make high-quality contributions to the Zcash community. Ambassadors actively engage with the public in an effort to grow the Zcash community, drive user adoption, educate people on Zcash’s use cases, and advance awareness of Zcash’s privacy-preserving technology across global geographic regions. Ambassadors are eligible to receive a monthly stipend of $1,000 USD (paid in ZEC) for their service. Our goal is for the program to be relatively flexible, and for ambassadors to have creative freedom over the activities they plan. Ambassadors must demonstrate that they have fulfilled some of the below requirements or engaged in similar activities:

• Organize at least one physical or virtual meetup per month
  • Maintain an active Twitter account that regularly posts Zcash-related content
  • Demonstrate community growth (e.g. increase in followers on social media or members of a group).
  • Write articles and blog posts or create original content related to Zcash
  • Translate official and community content (e.g. articles, blog posts, and educational materials) for distribution to non-English speaking communities.
  • Moderate social media channels to help maintain an informative, productive, and pleasant environment.
  • Engage in constructive discourse on social media by regularly answering questions, encouraging debate, addressing misinformation, and combating FUD.
  • Maintain close collaboration with other ambassadors via social media and connect via Signal group for ambassadors to share ideas, strategies, and experiences.

Proof of Work

In order to receive the stipend, ambassadors must provide proof of the activities they organized to the Ecosystem Relations Manager at the Zcash Foundation on a monthly basis. Some examples of proof include:

• Photographs or video documenting in-person meetup events
  • Audio or video recordings of virtual events
  • Links to published articles, blog posts, or other informational materials
  • Activity logs from social media platforms
  • Links or screenshots to Tweets, virtual space attendance, or other online content
  • Any other relevant information that demonstrates your activities

We look forward to seeing more ambassadors participate in this program and contribute to growing the adoption and usability of Zcash.

Thank you,

Zcash Community Grants Committee

24 Likes

Hi @aquietinvestor, all Zcash Community Grants Committee members and Zcash Community!

It is good news to know that the Global Ambassador Program will continue.

Thank you for the opportunity and privilege to continue to be part of the Global Ambassador Program. It is one of the best experiences I have had in the crypto ecosystem because of the purpose and value I can bring to the Zcash community in general and the Spanish community in particular. Speaking out and promoting the adoption of financial privacy with Zcash is one of the most important missions of our time for the benefit of all humanity.

I also appreciate the opportunity to be given the responsibility of being “Head of Ambassadors” to help in any way necessary to harness the potential of the Ambassadors team. I admire and respect each member of this team for their talent and dedication. I am honored to be a part of it and to have the opportunity to share experiences and learnings with the other members.

Thanks also to the community for their support. Crypto is all about community and it is everything in this ecosystem.

We will continue to improve and do our best to help in the promotion and adoption of financial privacy with Zcash.

You already know who the Ambassadors are. Feel free to contact us to learn more about what we are doing for the benefit of Zcash. And if you know people who speak any of the Ambassadors’ languages, please invite them to follow us on social media and join the communities we manage. It will be our pleasure to help new members adopt Zcash.

Best,
Yoditar

17 Likes

Congratulations, @Yoditar!

You do a great job in our community, and I’m sure you’ll do the same with the ambassador team.

What a pride to know that a fellow countryman gets this recognition.

Let’s keep promoting the use, learning and growth of Zcash, in Venezuela, Latin America and the world.

Hugs to you and my regards to all the ambassadors, whom I also follow and see their content on social networks.

12 Likes

Hello everyone,

I’m Janesh from India.
I’m a blockchain developer working at Router Protocol and a big web3 enthusiast.
As a Zcash follower, the technology has amazed me with its secured technology. The way it includes the privacy for addresses, transactions, amounts, and more excites me. But to my surprise, there is no one in India who is spreading the word regarding Zcash. This motivated me to take up the opportunity and apply for the Global Ambassador Program for the India region.

I also mailed regarding the same and it was told me update here.

17 Likes

@ZcashGrants

Welcome @janesh!

It is great to read your message on the Zcash community forum and your interest in being part of the Global Ambassador Program. India is a country with a lot of potential for digital economy based on the use of privacy-oriented cryptocurrencies like Zcash.

Recently Hanu Dixit, a musician from India, composed the theme song and music video for the Zcash anthem. Have you listened to it?

By the way, do you have a Twitter account where you promote Zcash? If so, please share your account to promote it on Twitter.

I’m glad you’re joining the Zcash community and hope you can join the Global Ambassador Program. It will be a pleasure to have you on board to help you in the promotion and adoption of Zcash in India.

8 Likes

It looks like this program is going well and I’m happy to see it continue.

I like the idea of expanding it, but think applicants to the ambassador program should demonstrate how they have been active in the Zcash community to date, not necessarily this forum, it could be Twitter, other platforms, in real life etc.

The ambassador program should be used to amplify the community members who are providing real value, that is definitely the case for the current crop!

Also happy to see the geographically dispersed members, I’d like to see this spread to other countries too.

16 Likes

@balchandanij
Twitter

Well, I have planned for podcasts, meetups, AMA sessions, and a lot more around Zcash and its technology in India.

Just waiting for official confirmation :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Hi, im Fred from Mexico, i would like to apply to be a zcash ambassador, will work in publishing zcash articles in important digital cryto magazines in my country, start a dedicated zcash youtube channel in spanish, help with translation of zcash content to spanish, try to add zec to mxn fiat ramps exchange offerings, make local AMAs and many more things that come to mind.

Zcash vision aligns with my own vision of financial privacy, i will like to help in anyway possible to spread the word and educate new users about zcash.

9 Likes

Greetings and compliments of the day, i am chidi lisa Based in lagos Nigeria , i will like to be given the privillege to serve in the ambassador program, my contributions will focus mainly in organizing and hosting in person events and building the local community here in Nigeria/Africa.
i have great experience in this and have worked with projects in the past to achieve set objectives. speaking and education is my passion ,some of my past works can be found below
https://cryptoafric.com/Gallery.aspx
i am also good in producing animated videos, communicating difficult/technical informations in a simplified manner.

can also create great infographics and write articles .
immediately i am accepted into the program i will set up a local social media channel and start growing it through Amas,podcasts, collaborations,engagements etc
i look forward to working with this wonderful community
Thanks

cc @aquietinvestor

4 Likes

Hi @Zecfredh! :wave:

Welcome to the Zcash community forum!

It is great to read your message on the Zcash community forum and your interest in being part of the Global Ambassador Program.

Mexico is an important country for the crypto ecosystem.

I see you have several ideas in mind about content creation, meetups and more.

Please can you tell me the following:

• What are the crypto magazines you would publish articles in?
  • What kind of content would you publish on YouTube?
  • What other type of content will you publish and on which social networks?
  • What is your strategy to help in the adoption of Zcash in your country through exchanges, AMAs, meetups etc.?
  • How would you collaborate with the current Spanish community Ambassador to help build this community?
  • What other ideas do you have in mind?

By the way, do you have a Twitter account where you post content about Zcash in Spanish?

Excited to read your answer.

Thank you!

6 Likes

Hi @lisa001! :wave:

Welcome to the Zcash community forum!

It is great to read your message on the Zcash community forum and your interest in being part of the Global Ambassador Program.

Nigeria is a very active country in the crypto ecosystem. There is a large and enthusiastic cryptocurrency community.

Please could you tell me the following:

• What crypto projects have you collaborated on as an Ambassador or in any other way: blogger, YouTuber, podcaster, etc.?
  • Do you have any social network, blog or other platform where we can see your work as a content creator?
  • What would be your strategies to help in the adoption of Zcash in your city, Lagos, or in Nigeria?

Thank you!

7 Likes

thanks

i collaborated with algorand as a business development Ambassador, i also collaborated with cosmos blockchain as a contributor

https://www.publish0x.com/cryptocurrency-outlooks-and-information

i would organize Amas across Nigeria with know crypto groups , this will help educate and onboard them into the zcash Nigeria community that i will set up, will build and grow the community keeping them engaged, also the people that will attend the meetups that i will organize will also be brought into the community.
i will also try to bring partnerships with local businesses here that accept crypto for payments to include zcash .
thanks

1 Like

also Binance has a very strong community presence here ,we can also tap in and find our community members and partners

1 Like

Thanks for answering my questions!

You have an interesting background and experience.

• Do you have a Twitter account where you post content about blockchain and crypto?

And last but not least,

• Why do you want to be a Zcash ambassador?

• In what ways can Zcash bring value to the economy and your fellow Nigerians?

• What are some of the uses Nigerians can put Zcash to?

Thank you!

i will like to be a part of a thriving zcash Nigeria community and Africa at large ,i also love to meet and network with new people and this gives me that oppurtunity because with time i will have more communications and contacts with you guys.

https://twitter.com/olisa_chidi

security and privacy is something people take very seriosly around here , zcash can fill this gap ensuring that peoples transaction remain safe and private .

it will benefit micro service providers here making it simple to get paid , also merchants can integrate it into their payment system easily. it can also serve as a great toll to onboard more people into the blockchain space as i can easily send little tips to friends prompting them to get into the space

2 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to answer each of my questions.

I like your ideas and proposals and I believe they align with what the Global Ambassador Program requires to promote the use and adoption of financial privacy with Zcash.

It would be great if you could be part of the Global Ambassador Program team in Nigeria. There is a need for Zcash ambassadors in Africa.

I hope to see you on board soon @lisa001

2 Likes

Hi Yoditar

At first I had in mind to start Zcash MĂ©xico from scratch, but now after I’ve seen for the first time all the great work done by Zcash Español, I had to rethink how I can be of help, I wasn’t aware of the work done by Zcash Español, just had the chance to see it these past couple of days.

All the good work done by Zcash Español can be use in México, the same content can be used, so perhaps the only way I can help is being a bridge from Zcash Español to the mexican community by providing support with translation services, publishing the content already approved by Zcash, organise meetings where Zcash will be introduce to new users and teach them how to use it, promote Zcash Español social media in México and even create content for Zcash Español.

I’m a member of a community of over 150+ mexican crypto users, I started it with 5 friends around 2019, its invite only and we use WhatsApp as the initial platform (if you want to join let me know), I made the discord too, but only the defi and nft users use it (I can provide an invite link if you are interested to see it). The community is growing and we have plans on launching our own app in the future to meet growth, we now have members from different age groups, all in different geographical places in MĂ©xico and some few in other countries, we are very diversified in members backgrounds, we have artists, students, a mexican senator, crypto miners including 2 mining ZEC, a government cyber security officer, tax lawyers, notary public, financial advisors, traders, entrepeneurs, investors, etc. We even have a bitso exchange contact assigned to help the community, with whom I was thinking to have a word of the possibility of listing ZEC, he has been our direct contact with bitso exchange for many other subjects in the past.

The community aims to help onboard new users in crypto in general, teaching them how to use it and how to be safe avoiding the dangers and scams, as well as publishing relevant news to keep the community well informed, host regular meetings, promote the creation of crypto content like the ones in the following links:

Zcash has little to no presence in México, not even within my crypto community, i believe posting some Zcash Español documents and publishing content in the cripterio magazine or similar media could spark the number of users interested in Zcash and increase the probability of users wanting to attend meetings, were they will learn about Zcash, how to use it and even recieving free zec as a price when initiating their wallets to promote use.

I believe its a pretty good way to start promoting Zcash using an already established crypto community as a trampoline, members that are attracted to Zcash have their own social media channels and irl crypto friendly relationships, so that makes me think they can spread the word about Zcash and the Zcash Español social channels even further than what i can do alone, creating more prospects with intentions of actually attending the meetings i plan to host and with luck establishing the first Zodlers community with regular meetings across México.

If you have already an established plan of action for the LATAM campaign please let me know if i can be of help in any way.

5 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to answer each of my questions.

I like your ideas and proposals and I believe they align with what the Global Ambassador Program requires to promote the use and adoption of financial privacy with Zcash.

It would be great if you could be part of the Global Ambassador Program team in Mexico. There is a need for more Zcash ambassadors in Latin America.

I hope to see you on board soon.

4 Likes