ZF Audiovisual Club

Hello fellow Zcashers!

In the interest of serving the Zcash community and economy in the best way that I can, an idea has struck which I can no longer ignore and in which I hope to find passionate individuals who will join me. To state it directly, my goal is to establish a network of capable, ready and funded media producers broadcasting and sharing fresh news about Zcash and online privacy. So, without further ado, here is my official announcement of the Zcash Foundation AudioVisual Club. Please check the ZF blog post for the details and how to participate. I will be the main point of contact initially and all feedback is welcome and appreciated.

23 Likes

Congrats! A project that will help in the promotion and adoption of financial privacy with Zcash.

This is the year of the Zcash content creators. Free2z + ZecHub + ZF Audio/Visual Club.

9 Likes

The ZF A/V Club Code of Conduct has been posted on free2z.

6 Likes

The ZF A/V Club meetups will be online at 18:00 UTC on the last Thursday of every month.
Our first meetup will be on January 26 when we’ll be talking about Zcash Audio/Visual Media: Past, Present and Future!

3 Likes

A least initially, the club meetup unschedule will live on Free2Z. It will change frequently and we’ll open a collaborative board of some kind soon to manage the meetup schedule in an open and flexible way. At the end of each meetup we’ll take suggestions for future topics and adapt as needed.
https://free2z.cash/ZFAVClub/zpage/zf-av-club-unschedule-2023

2 Likes

Come one! Come all! Today is the day! The first official ZF A/V Club meetup starts at 18h UTC
Join the discussion on Discord or watch and chat along on Free2Z Live
Tell your friends! Bring your friends! :zebra: :zebra: :zebra:
Let’s make some art! :zcash:

1 Like

The recording of our first meetup is now published on YouTube and a zPage to go with it.

6 Likes

The ZF A/V Club YouTube channel was deleted by YouTube. The YT team tweeted that they will look at the case. More info when I have it.

I’d like to see a grant for a community DevOps team that could help setup and run a Zeal PeerTube instance. This idea comes from @ZealWizard and inspired by their work on Zeal.Center which could be super helpful with other such things, like Matrix.

4 Likes

I’d definitely be interested in a Zcash community PeerTube instance.

When we started making videos for ZGo, I tried Odysee but uploading there requires tokens that are not easy to come by in the US and with LBRY losing its case, who knows where that’ll end up.

Having our content not depend on some corporate overlord’s approval is good.

2 Likes

Our YouTube channel is back! https://www.youtube.com/@zfavclub
Go subscribe now!

I’ve added a PeerTube instance to the club pipeline. If nobody else gets to it first then I’ll take care of it.

3 Likes

I am all for the community building shared resources for the benefit of the community.

I haven’t looked into the implementation details of PeerTube, but I’m pretty sure it will need a dedicated server based on my experience running the Zeal Center Mastodon server.

2 Likes

Started a new project today in which I am creating short clips from every Zcon presentation and linking back to the original video on YouTube where I’ve already begun adding chapters and refreshing the descriptions.

Watch the progress on Free2Z, starting with the Zcon0 Clip Gallery, or follow along on Twitter and Mastodon!

5 Likes

Hello friends!

The second ZF A/V Club meetup will be on the last Thursday of the month (23 February 2023) at 18h UTC.

During this meetup, we will be discussing funding options for audio/visual projects in the Zcash economy and exploring various funding opportunities that can support the creation of more Zcash A/V projects.

Whether you’re a seasoned audio/visual pro or just starting out, this meetup is a great opportunity to network with like-minded creators and learn about the latest funding options available in Zcash. Members of the community will share their insights and experiences with securing funding for audio/visual projects in the Zcash ecosystem.

Join on Discord or watch and chat along on Free2Z Live

We look forward to collaborating with you there!

3 Likes

Hello again, Zcashers :shield:

Here’s a reminder that the next ZF A/V Club meetup is on Thursday at 18h UTC.
Join us on Discord or Free2Z Live. :zcash:
:movie_camera: This will be recorded and published later.

Also, @decentralistdan and I would like to open a weekly hangout to everyone who is interested. :zebra:
This new thing will happen on Discord in the ZF A/V Lounge on Wednesdays at 18h UTC, starting tomorrow when we’ll be testing the a/v livestream/recording tech for Thursday’s meetup. :zcash:
:movie_camera: These may be recorded, if we’re testing something, but will not be published later.

See you soon!

1 Like

The ZF A/V Club is super happy to be livestreaming Zcon Vozes today with a team on-location and others scattered around the globe! :earth_americas: :earth_africa: :earth_asia:

Join us behind-the-scenes on Discord in the ZF A/V Lounge or watch along on YouTube! :movie_camera: :zebra:

Go Team :zcash:!!!

8 Likes

Let’s try something …

A little social Sunday experiment for Zcash.

On the morning after Zcon Vozes and the eve of the deadline for ZF Minor Grants … :bulb:

A second episode of Zcash Zeitgeist:thinking:

The team would include anyone who contributes content to the video. This could include story, audio, video, translation, publishing, promotion, whatever …

I will create a channel for the project in the ZFAV Discord and help with resources, organization and every other way but would prefer the payout goes to everyone else.

Output: One 6-8 minute video
Cost: 1337 USD
Timeline: Two months

Brainstorm tweet thread: https://twitter.com/ZFAVClub/status/1637402652614053888

If this idea gets enough attention before the deadline then I’ll make an official submission to ZF Minor Grants.

6 Likes

Hi everybody!

The third monthly ZFAV meetup is tomorrow, Thursday 2023-03-30 at 18h UTC

Zcon Vozes was the club’s first in-person livestream event since we launched. At this meetup we’ll go into the hardware and software details of how the livestream was produced, what went well and some of the troubles we ran into.

We are also working on optimized localization processes for livestreams and on-demand videos that can be used for future Zcash events and A/V media.

Join us on Discord or Free2Z Live to hear all about livestreaming and how we’re working to include our global community in everything Zcash! :zcash:

:movie_camera: This will be recorded and published later.

6 Likes

The 3rd ZFAV Meetup was a hit! We walked through tech details of how was livestreamed and ongoing efforts to optimize localization for livestreams and on-demand videos!

BONUS: We got a behind-the-scenes look at @pgpforcrypto with @paulbrigner :star_struck:

Watch the full meetup on Free2z and join us next month to get real in-depth with podcast production!

Special THANKS to @decentralistdan and @Autotunafish and @vito for their hard work on producing all of the Zcon Vozes content and being awesome people! :zebra::zebra::zebra:

8 Likes

The ZF A/V Club now has an Instagram account where I’m publishing short video clips from historical Zcon presentations. Check us out!

4 Likes

Officially announcing: Weekly ZF A/V Club Workshops! Every Tuesday at 17h UTC we meet in Discord to get hands-on with some kind of a/v tech hardware and software. Learning how to do what we do better, together! JOIN US!!

:zebra: :zebra: :zebra:

5 Likes