Z9 performance and general discussion

Fake news. Friend of mine just got 2 Z9 mini’s today (28 August 2018) Overclock is still there (set his to 600 to start) and getting ~13k/sols each. I came along for the education (never touched an ASIC before today, he’s never mined period.). Had them both up in 10 minutes and mining on Flypool with no issues.

Interesting. Friend said he paid $456 in import on his two through UPS today…he was shocked it was so much.

I think it is outrageous to tax these since the orders were placed and paid for before the new tariffs got levied. There is no way to cancel the order since there are no refunds. I doubt I would have ordered them if I knew this was going to happen.

mine arrived today. with DHL, Europe, no fees so far.

ehmmm…I may be dumb AF, but I have no option to choose the frequency…

DHL Switzerland sends import tax by letter a little bit later.

I will be plugging my 2nd batch tommorow and I’ll figure out how to overclock them and share what I’ve got.

I joined the horrible discord channel of the youtube guy, they don’t seem so friendly or willing to share to strangers…

1 Like

He sounds so polite and kind…strange:grinning:

Interesting. This is what the friend who I helped setup last night shows for firmware/filesystem:

Kernel Version Linux 4.6.0-xilinx-gff8137b-dirty #22 SMP PREEMPT Fri Dec 22 12:25:44 CST 2017
File System Version Sat May 26 20:42:30 CST 2018

We took screen shots of his configuration so he could repeat if he bought more. As you can see, he has the option.

So much about the fake news @Moordrik and @Kahooli. Obviously there is a way to bypass this, I’ll try to figure it out once I get my 12 machines.

I don’t disagree with you on tarrifs on products that are not in competition with a US based company. To my knowledge there is not a US based company being protected by 25% tarrif on Bitmain ASIC lol.

1 Like

I will receive 6 tomorrow, a bit earlier than supposed and I won’t be there. Do you know if the cfg back up file is editable? If so, can someone make a copy available (removing sensitive data). I would like to edit 6 copy and give them to my “dumb” friend to configure and switch on immediately.

Thank you

Youtuber Cursed Mining wrapped up a video with a workaround, maybe you can check it and post the results to this forum.

3 Likes

Yes, what a jovial fellow he

There is the solution! :stuck_out_tongue:

That video was much more enjoyable, it seems such an easy fix I don’t know if I would say it’s locked so much that its hidden, maybe something having to do with the warranty IDK

So kind that he makes a 7 minutes video screaming to “come join on discord” for a freakin simple a$$ solution

2 Likes

just trying now…20char

seems to work. it went from 11.15 KSol/s to 12.77 KSol/s switching to freq 600

1 Like

F@%&! now it is not working anymore. wanted to switch from 600 to 650, but now it is always returns to 500

Try to back up the configuration onse working as you wish. If something wrong…try restoring and see if it works fine.