Zeropond Cloud Mining

I believe this has been answered before. The answer (for now) is that they might allow customers to purchase rigs in the future but do not allow for GPU miners to be sent in.

This is most likely (and discussed in the YouTube interview) that GPU miners generally don’t follow a set standard (almost every miner look and function differently, as opposed to ASIC that are uniform).

I for one understand this, as even shipping a GPU rig is almost impossible if it’s not dismantled, due to the weight of GPU’s and the PCIE connectors, frame etc.

A much better option in my view would be to secure hosting space, and a contract with a single local GPU rig assembly/sales company. This would allow the host to dictate the setup and components, and customers to order machines for deployment.

Sources: Toomim brothers youtube interview regarding the matter, and my own experience in GPU mining rig shipping (terrible).

1 Like

Too bad I didn’t know you were looking for a cool place with cheap power. We have a whole empty facility we’re looking to expand into and we’re in Washington State in a town with hydroelectric power. Cost is less than 4 cents per kw/h.

Wouldn’t have had to deal with the international shipping cost or anything. I’d have reached out if I’d had known you were looking to relocate but the first thing I saw was that you found a new place then that it was in Canada.

There are places around here with even cheaper power (like close to 2 cents kw/h - see: Washington State Utility Raises Power Rates on Bitcoin Miners - CoinDesk)

Should have asked I guess…

Oh well. You should get a GoPro or something and record your buildout like these guys did:Installing 7 GH/s of Ethereum Miners (3/3) 7/7/2016

I’m sure it would excite your customers.

Yes please! …

Washington does have very cheap power. But there are lots of other considerations when choosing a mining data-center. Canada is exceptionally business friendly and tax-wise very accomodating. Not to mention no money-transmitter BS (as far as I know) and generally less crypto legalities.

I am not involved with any of the zcash cloud mining companies. Just speaking from experience.

1 Like

Well I wish you the best of luck.

@5a1t,@tim_olson It’s great that Zeropond promised to update their mining contracts whenever new and optimized miners are released.

I’ve just ran the Nicehash cpu miner (windows built too!) and reached 4-5 hashes/sec with one i7-2800 CPU. (based on @tromp’s solver)

Can’t wait to hear more about their next updated plan with these new miner software.

You can check out and test the miner yourself here:

1 Like

@zcashio

Thanks for sharing the info about @tromp’s work with us. We have been following developments made by everyone posting here on the forum closely.

We do stand committed to hashrate increases when someone releases a public miner that exceeds our in house miner. As stated before, we would work to increase our speeds or adopt their miner.

We strive to get the best efficiency we can for all of you, and have been working hard on increasing efficiency even without a public GPU miner release.

However, as mentioned, we are running GPUs, so @tromp’s CPU miner cannot be compared or adapted to our setup. We look forward to more public GPU miner releases so we can examine and adopt their optimizations. :slight_smile:

I’m completely unfamiliar with your setup as you have not shared any of it, but tromp’s code is in cuda, and my understanding is that cuda and opencl ports are fairly trivial, there are even automated programs to do it.

However the approach tromp and xenoncat use is complicated and I understand it being difficult to adapt to your solver and gpu threads. I am currently in the process of doing just that. You are more than welcome to follow as it is open source.

3 Likes

Hey Tim,
I would like to buy a contract for ZCash Cloud mining but i can’t get to your cloud mining section of your website. I keep getting a time out 504 Bad Gateway. Is this due to the DDOS attacks yesterday? Or is there something on my end i need to do to access that section thanks. Or if anyone else can help, that would be great too!
Thanks

We can’t reproduce your error, and the site looks fine. Would you try again, and let us know via email (info@zeropond.com) if there’s still a problem?

You know what i think it’s because i’m in the US? We can’t buy your cloud mining here? Is that true? If it is can i get a post office box in Grenada or something?? I’d really like to get in on the cloud mining for ZCASH!! ; )

I was looking all morning and finally after 2 hours i saw that and was pretty bummed out…

Post from Toomim Bros cloud mining thread:

Revised benchmark results with no CPU or system memory overclocking – previous benchmark results were from an overclocked system.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K (running @ 3.50 GHz, 4 threads)

Memory: DDR3 (running @ 1600 MHz)

Benchmark duration: 72 Hours

Solutions per second (AVX2):
24.341 (closed source)
21.872 (open source – xenoncat)

Solutions per nonce iteration:

The benchmark was ran on two identical systems; one for each implementation. Block headers and nonce generation were deterministic.

For now, closed source is only 11% faster.

FYI, xenoncat’s AVX implementation – 22 sols/s AMD FX-8350, 8 threads, no overclocking, duration 24 hours.

On one side, looks like this algo really can achieve more egalitarian mining like no other before. On the other side, we are pretty fucked right?

you meant those who bought into cloud stuff right? im glad i avoided all that cause indeed open source basically removed that opporrunity to profit for buyers. the only winners are going to be cloud hashing sellers so good luck with that. i still cant understand why there are still cloud buyers when you can get a lot more hashing power elsewhere dirt cheap. i found a ton but still dont plan to buy cause difficulty and slow start are not going to allow me even pay off the costs.

i think people figured it was zcash so it would be different? ;p

idk, cloud mining is cloud mining ,a “passive income” pipe-dream that sucks in noobs. everytime, everytime…

unfortunately these noobs are going to learn the painful way. here’s some simple math. toomim and other cloud providers are charging around 12-14btc for 100H so with that kind of money i was able to get 3000sol/s or 1500H worth of mining power for one month and if i were to divide over 6 months then i’d have prepaid for 300H a month worth of mining power so go figure. As the proverb says: A wise man learns by the mistakes of others, a fool by his own.

1 Like

I think most people are aware that the current cloud mining market is a very expensive way to mine. Personally I purchased a ‘small’ contract just to guarantee I had some hash power at Genesis launch just in case a stable GPU miner was not publicly available and was fully aware that it most likely was a negative expected value investment or break even-ish.

2 Likes

Another example, if you take the 12 btc figure, or ~$7,800, you can buy around 30 RX470 and supporting hardware for 5 rigs and have even using the current 18 sol/RX470 that the open source miner gets that would be over 540 sols and you own the equipment forever.

Sure you will have electrical costs, but initial results indicate these are only going to draw ~100 watts each, or around 600 watts per rig including the mb, cpu overhead, so even at 10 cent electricity you are looking at only $1.44/day per rig.

I am sure the 18 sols per RX470 will improve over the next days/weeks as well further improving profitability.

5a1t, tim_olson,

guys any comment on fx-8350 20 sol/s and JToomim’s 42sol/s on R290 ?

When do we need to provide our wallet address to Zeropond?

1 Like