Zcash Community Grants Meeting Minutes 7/8/2024

Thank you for replying @ambimorph. I hope that my tone on these messages is taken as constructive criticism, rather than attack on anyone’s skills or person.

It’s not that I “hate this grant,” I feel like this is a betrayal of the Zcash community, an exploitation of the grant program, and destined to fail, given the current strategy that I have seen. That’s what I’m trying to be clear about.

Since you asked: My main channel is youtube.com/adjyleak and the first channel that i started, simultaneously, ten years ago, was SF Bitcoin Meetup, before also creating and streaming to the Berlin Blockchain Meetup channel. Between all of the channels that I’ve published on, the total number of videos, either streamed or uploaded, is around 1k. A lot of the metrics and history of my work was recently posted in the Zero-knowledge Audiovisual Club forum topic. Starting around here: Zero-knowledge Audiovisual Club - #125 by ryan.taylor

icymi youtube metrics have never been my goal, nor one for which I have much respect, although I have done the research repeatedly over the years, as a matter of practice.

My target audience is not youtube users. I use the platform for it’s free infrastructure that has been reliable since I started using it in 2014. My target audience is nerds who specialize in, or are curious about, open-source and decentralized tech. Super niche and primarily made for archival purposes.

Over the years, I have met some of my audience at events and have been told that they download my videos using command-line tools, like yt-dlp, or otherwise hide themselves from YouTube.

edit: I could also add World Crypto Network to channels to which I’ve contributed, although Thomas Hunt (Mad Bitcoins) did almost all of the channel work, wrt publishing and marketing.

4 Likes