Zcash Pool- Zcash.flypool.org

Because the miner continues to submit only invalid solutions and causes a huge stress on the pool.

I was just getting 0.0sol/s for about an hour, even after restarting the miner several times, genoils is the one im using for my AMD machine. also all my rigs are showing invalid shares, even after they’ve been working.

http://zcash.flypool.org/miners/t1LLAYZHmSFgAWdMeaZzat8rUsfkiTrB8pR

But Onecoin can do that! /s

I was looking at roughly 5% invalid shares with an autorestart of 900 seconds on Genoil.

My AWS servers running Xenoncat and Tromp solvers are lower than 1% invalid shares and now i have to create a restart script :frowning:

Peter,if the miner shows 0 sol/s, it means submitting invalid or stale jobs ?

@trolloniex Heres one i put together, currently using it on my windows rigs, works fine.

I’m running genoil 0.5 on AMD systems and the nicehash miners on Nvidia/CPU only. Restarting does nothing, besides you’re already closing my connection after an invalid. Wich is like 1 in 40 or 60 for my side, depending on the rig…

On which OS? Genoil 0.5 is known to be very buggy.

Accepted that invalid shares are not due to pool,its due to miner mining d wrong block,but the 1st question still stands that on starting the miner there’s a burst of shares which steadily decrease over a period of time,to this you had replied that the only thing relevant for the determining the earnings in the current hashrate (which deters from the pplns), so how do you guys determine the earnings if the shares donot matter. Now possible that there was just an error in the shares being shown on the UI, but then miner wont’t show so many accepted shares in the begining and dropping down and eventually leading to 0sol/s. It might be completely unrelated but please clarify how exactly the last earnings were determined.

1 Like

would probably be better to close connection on x amount of invalid shares rather then 1… that way you know its a miner issue, closing on 1 invalid which can happen randomly doesn’t seem right.

Well, we can discuss Genoil for like forever, but lets take my simple GTX 1070, wich runs on the Nicehash miner… I can see here it gives about 1 stale per 60 shares (seems better now, am at 87), while your pool reports 123 shares and 56 invalid in the last hour… To me, that doesn’t compute.

1 Like

I can confirm that my individual miner stats at the bottom of the flypool page show a lot of invalids in the last 1hour too. Even though my miners do not report that many at all. I’m thinking an issue with the stats on that page or what the pool is reporting?

Edit: My hashrate is also going back up. For the last 1-2 hours it was lower than reported by the miners

I just update EthOS to the new version that allows mine zcash. The miner is a Genoil. After 2 hours of mining to the pool, apperently without trouble, all rigs are disconnected. I restared 1 rig but the stats page still showing all red. If the EthOS Genoil is the problem for the pool, better contact them, because you appear as recomended pool and you’re going to be the first stop for the most of fresh updates.

1 Like

I already made one for windows. The new one is going to be linux… Anyway nothing hard for me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hi
after work 3 hr reset balance
why ?

zogminer
OS Debian

Peter, can you make sure your vardiff is right and good enough ? Other pools seem no problem with Genoil. I just hope flypool can be better :slight_smile:

It is more or less impossible to debug any issues with a closed source miner. Our pool adheres to the official stratum specification. We can only perform trial and error to pinpoint any potential issue.

But so, let’s recap: Since an hour ago your pools hashrate kinda halved, and the reason is that EVERYONES miner suddenly gives invalids? :expressionless:

Can confirm, Invalids are through the roof and steadily falling over the last 2 hours, and efective hashrate is halved. ALL of us cant be having issues on our machines, its definitely the pool.

Could you please send me or post the logs of your miners when the issue occurred?