Zcash for macOS v1.0.11-rc1

I’m beginning to understand what you built there! Very cool. The custom make file with cloning etc is also cool. I will have a look if I can pack that into a brew formula (and if that has any upsides) when I have more time soon. Excellent work so far, thx a lot!

1 Like

@anon47418038 I want to thank you for your hardwork. I had a quick question: Is it possible to pull up the cli wallet interface on mac os x? - if so how do you do this? – P.S. thanks again for creating zcash4win and zcash4mac… you are empowering many people across the world with access to the most powerful private blockchain.

Thank you!

do you mean a cli interface in the gui? because if you fire up Terminal on your mac zcash4mac has zcash-cli in there (and the same goes for zcash4win).

1 Like

@anon47418038 Hi, I’ve been using zcashd from the command line but it has drastically slowed down at Downloading blocks | 106701 / ~222330 (47%) - it only progresses like 100 Blocks per hour - is there something special about the blocks at this height? All previous blocks just less full?

yeah there is a stretch of blocks that have a TON of txns with a huge number of inputs that take a very long time to verify :frowning:

any chance this will have precompiled binaries? I do not know how to build/make in any os, sorry.

Hi @cronos45 I just released v1.0.14 for macOS, you can download the precompiled binaries from Release Zcash for macOS v1.0.14a · kozyilmaz/zcash-apple · GitHub

Note that it’s essential to use specific versions of the Zcash dependencies (in some cases with additional patches). We are careful to check for changes that may break consensus when we upgrade dependencies.

thank you, i tried but i end up with this.

Last login: Mon Jan 15 13:54:33 on ttys002
Bruces-MacBook-Pro:~ brucewayne$ ./zcashd
-bash: ./zcashd: No such file or directory
Bruces-MacBook-Pro:~ brucewayne$ cd Desktop
Bruces-MacBook-Pro:Desktop brucewayne$ cd zcash-macos-v1.0.14a/usr/local/bin
Bruces-MacBook-Pro:bin brucewayne$ ./zcashd
Zcash server starting
Bruces-MacBook-Pro:bin brucewayne$ Error: Cannot obtain a lock on data directory /Users/brucewayne/Library/Application Support/Zcash. Zcash is probably already running.

If you look probably there is a zcashd instance already running. To look up you use the command below:

$ ps -a |grep zcashd
  611 ttys001    0:00.00 grep zcashd
  595 ttys003    0:13.43 ./zcashd

and you can kill it by using process id (595)

$ kill -9 595
$ ps -a |grep zcashd
  614 ttys001    0:00.00 grep zcashd

Than you can start it without issues