Zcash Funding Bloc : A Dev Fund Proposal from Josh at ECC

Pointing those out would be helpful, because I don’t see any assumptions in my comment/ questions that are particularly reaching.

I’m looking at these proposals and mandates and what not through a risk lense. What are the risks to existing work/ roadmap objectives? What are potential contingent paths or compromises? What are failure scenarios?

I agree with this generally, but caution that we actually don’t know if the current model is better or worse than any other hypothetical model of the future. We won’t know until it happens. Yes there have been struggles, yes there are frictions, yes past leadership made poor decisions, yes there are dozens of valid grievances.

Post Halving, we’ll be out of the status quo du jour if for no other reason than the fact that its going to apply even more austerity to the ZF, ECC, ZCG than is already present. I don’t really think there is a Zcash status quo, the project has changed many times in just a few years, I don’t think anyone is proposing to keep a status quo.

3 Likes