Zcash gets a mention!

Apropos new York times. Paul Krugman has been warning the uninformed public about the impeding Bitcoin bubble pop for a few years. I naively supposed that this responsible man was dedicated to the cause of harm reduction. But he appears to be sitting, quite comfortably, in his ivory tower taking pleasure watching noobs loosing their shirt:

Never seen a doctor playing violins while someone had just taken an overdose.

2 Likes

(stole this from the comments. got a laugh from it)

3 Likes

“Privacy on the Blockchain: Where Are We Headed?” Privacy on the Blockchain: Where Are We Headed? - CoinDesk

2 Likes

“Bitcoin: Here are 7 closest rivals” http://indiatribune.com/bitcoin-here-are-7-closest-rivals/

2 Likes

(believe this is the 1st time we’ve been mentioned in breitbart. new eyes!)

3 Likes

“Using Bitcoin Or Other Cryptocurrency To Commit Crimes? Law Enforcement Is Onto You“ Using Bitcoin Or Other Cryptocurrency To Commit Crimes? Law Enforcement Is Onto You

1 Like

Why would criminals bother with crypto when banks are more than happy to offer them their money laundry services: HSBC 'sorry' for aiding Mexican drugs lords, rogue states and terrorists | HSBC | The Guardian

1 Like

honestly, imo, zcash is still “nerd money” (i’m good with that)… other than shadow brokers, unsure ZEC’s being used by many “criminals”. BTC/XMR seem to have that market on lockdown.

No mention of payment disclosure or the law enforcement seminar Zooko spoke at. Greater law enforcement job demand, thats good. Not sure why criminal activity is newsworthy, those people will smurf diapers when business is down, steal copper off air conditioners.

1 Like

Good article, funny how the highlights for the other coins boil down to “they’re cheaper than Zcash” because thats about it!

2 Likes

Amber Baldet

via Blockfolio: FTX | Buy, sell & track your Bitcoin, Ethereum, & more
This is the lady behind Quorum
Edit- taken from the article
“But some projects are closer to her heart than others.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-01-03/a-tool-for-making-sense-of-the-cryptocurrency-markets

1 Like
2 Likes

Good looking out, the Bloomberg article is interesting but shoots itself in the foot with the colored Sharpie “this is what I think” chart, entirely arbitrary. The Washington Post article just feels like an incomplete, rushed reiteration of everything else I’ve ever read.
I think maybe it’s that ZK snarks aren’t readily understood by people. The idea of a zero knowledge proof is freaky in itself and the math is in Greek. Hard to explain something you don’t understand.
What’s zcash?
Zero knowledge. (Its like whos on first!)

2 Likes

Sneaky Crypto Malware Miners Are Targeting Ad Networks Next
https://www.coindesk.com/__trashed-32/

via Blockfolio: FTX | Buy, sell & track your Bitcoin, Ethereum, & more
Mention of Zcash is the same sentence as cybercriminal, surprise

34C3 - Practical Mix Network Design
Strong metadata protection for asynchronous messaging
media .ccc. de - Published on Dec 28, 2017

2 Likes
1 Like

“White Paper Published for Blockchain Privacy Tech Zk-starks” White Paper Published for Blockchain Privacy Tech Zk-starks - CoinDesk

5 Likes

Interesting. I haven’t read through all of it yet but their main argument is still the trusted setup issue which is basically a moot point. Also I guess the confirmation time can be reduced from a few seconds to less than a second. I guess I’m just not hip on removing the human element from certain things. Still pretty neat.