Zcash mining profit dropped

no worries, zcash was at 48 usd in january, it’s incredible how much it went up, just normal correction on sudden too big too quick increases lately. not just zcash, everything is going down. it can not always keep on going up at this speed, it needs to create a layer at lower levels first before it can continue.

i guess the panic spreaders are hoping that people are going to cancel their orders on mining rigs, hoping to get a bigger share of the pie. dont look back, dont look ahead, but look at the price now, at this moment, and make your own calculations.

2 Likes

Hope it’ll kick out those big farmers so us small timers can get a bigger pie

not really related but it does somehow…
WIndows or Linux… i’m trying to find some comparisons…
Currently mining with 2 970’s on 600 H/s pretty good i think! but is there an advantage to go to linux?
Better optimized or not? Just looking for some extra hashesss :slight_smile:

Sorry it was after the first rise above $300. Either way, you can clearly see a pattern of some type. The key thing here though is ZEC was not the only coin to drop. That’s very important to note and shouldn’t be ignored.

well to be honest… it is all BTC related i think… trade up and down and keep as BTC. Now BTC has some unknown future people are scared and selling allot… price drops.

People keep them in wallets till after 1 Aug. if te marked is sure they do not loose money the flow of exchanges is rolling again twice as much! just wait and see :stuck_out_tongue:

you can also buy zcash directly of course instead of mining it… buy low sell high though :wink:
i bought at 101 usd, sold a small portion at 306 usd. if it goes down, i’ll buy some more again, if it goes up i will unload some more in small portions.

2 Likes

you’re totally right! i think people will start unloading before half of july already though. i hope it didn’t start from here until that moment yet, i also still need to unload some :wink:

1 Like

just riding the waves huh?:slight_smile:

not really to be honest. i lost a lot of money in the beginning by trading too much. now i just hold and try not to look at it at a daily basis, but put high sell orders and low buy orders. more relaxing and more profitable

i agree! and if you mine… like me… dont panick just keep an eye on your income if it is profitable keep going! your coins will me more worth when price goes up… so at the end… it does not really matter what the price does… as long you keep in the green. Like zcrash says sell high buy low. AND KEEP MINING! :stuck_out_tongue:

do you based it off on a 30 day average when placing your limits?

exactly! and you can always switch to other coins, but it’s obvious that at this moment it’s not a ‘zcrash’, but a correction of all coins.

As one of the miners going since the start, I’m honestly happy mining at greater than $50 :grin:

2 Likes

Probably the opposite will happen if the price drops. Larger miners will get more shares.

1 Like

at 600H/s i make € 100 now. minus the electric bill € 40 is still € 60 without any efford :slight_smile:
you will not here any complains from me :stuck_out_tongue: (For now)

2 Likes

it can go both ways…

I think its expected for price fluctuation. if it hovers up/down from 200-400 its manageable, as this is a somewhat long term play. My concern is the difficulty. based on the calculations from coinwarz.com , if the difficulty changes from 1900000 to 4700000 this is huge. how do you asses this for your returns. are we to also expect difficulty fluctuations? or will this difficulty keep climbing as more and more miners are created by popularity.

difficulty is not stable… few hours can change over 1.5 million… (today 11:00 - 18:00) around… 2.7M to 4.3M
I don’t know how the difficulty base on… :frowning:
it can make profit up and down over 20% more…

as long as it stays profitable you should count on it that the difficulty will keep on rising.

What exactly happened this week, though? I’m mining 1/3 of what I was making a week ago. Can’t be a normal difficulty increase.