ZCash UniFFI Library (RFP)

You may try to get it from pip

1 Like

Thank you, but this didnā€™t produce the expected .dylib file on my M1 MacBook.

Iā€™d also be happy to compile myself, if there were instructions.

Iā€™ve dmā€™d you here on the forum, if you prefer to to troubleshoot that way.

Hey @aristarchus, thanks for your patience on this matter. Sorry for the earlier confusion, I think there was a bit of a misunderstanding in terms of what you were looking for from our side. As Milestone 5 is still a WIP, at the time we didnā€™t have extensive documentation fully out in the public yet. We just added a new section here that should help solve your issue right now, as we finalize the last bits of the initial project.

2 Likes

Fifth and last milestone completed, here is the WIki page with the outline of the deliverables and a summary of the whole development. We enriched the codebase with a lot of documentation and tutorials. Weā€™re very proud of the work done and hope it makes the development for users less demanding.

For any troubles, please open an issue on the repository and weā€™ll try to help as we can.

2 Likes

I see on the Github README that the packages for each language are listed as e.g. " * Pypi TBD - link to package pypi page when first time publication."

Are these packages posted somewhere else or not included in the last milestone?

Hello @aristarchus thanks again for your repeated interest in testing out the project at this very early stage. We apologize if the information we provided earlier wasnā€™t clear enough. Itā€™s also unfortunate to hear that the additional personalized support we provided via DMs, or the help guide we posted earlier didnā€™t clear things up.

We finished the final deliverable of this project and received approval from the Zcash Foundation only last week. We expect to open further conversations regarding the package publishing strategy ASAP. The publishing infrastructure is in place, but some details are still needed, like accounts on the different package registries, agree on a first version code, etc. These are important things to take into account when we think about the longevity of this project.

You can read more about the possible plans we have with the ZF here in this section. When working with projects that may end up as critical dependencies for other projects, we want to be sure that package distribution is handled in a way that best adapts to the needs of the Zcash foundation.

2 Likes

Hi @MeerKatDev, is there an estimated timeline to publish the packages? Or is this a better question for @Dodger? If I understand correctly, the Zcash Foundation will be responsible for publishing the packages?

It looks like this project is basically complete, but not quite over the finish line where developers can easily install and use the librustzcash tools in their preferred language. I would really like to try out the python library when it is published, hopefully soon :slight_smile:

Hey @aristarchus, thanks again for your patience. We had a fruitful discussion with @Dodger about the publishing, upkeep, and maintenance of the repo, and agreed that it would be fitting for Eiger to be the one publishing the packages in this case.

After this initial release, the repo will be set under community maintenance, and anyone can apply for future micro maintenance grants to work on issues or new feature requests that might arise.

2 Likes

Ok, thank you for the update, and looking forward to the initial release!