ZCG Committee Election (December 2022)

Update on 1st January 2023: This election has now concluded, and the results have been released.

We have published a blog post announcing the [opening of nominations for the Zcash Community Grants Committee](https://zfnd.org/opening-nominations-for-the-zcash-community-grants-committee/).

Four committee members’ terms are expiring (@aiyadt, @aquietinvestor, @BrunchTime and @wobbzz). Anyone can stand for election (and existing members can stand for re-election). Prospective candidates simply need to nominate themselves by submitting a forum post (ideally five paragraphs or less) in the governance zcg-elections category , announcing their candidacy, and outlining their priorities and vision for Zcash.

The deadline for nominations is 09:00 UTC on 12th December 2022.
The deadline for nomination has now expired.

We will add a list of candidates to this post, and a new forum group will be created (@ZCG_Candidates) to which candidates will be added.

We will host a community call with the candidates during the week commencing 12th on Thursday 15th December at 20:00 UTC. After the community call, we will open a Helios poll of the Zcash Community Advisory Panel, which will close at the end of the year. The new committee members will take up their seats in early January.

The Candidates:

All prospective candidates please:

1. Read this blog post, which contains important information about the election process, the process of becoming a ZCG Committee member (which includes undergoing KYC, and completing a conflict of interest declaration), and
  2. Announce your candidacy by posting in the #governance:zcg-elections category
  3. Reply to this topic with a link to your candidacy announcement, we can assign you to the @ZCG_Candidates group. We will add a link to all candidacy announcement in this top post in the order received.
  4. All candidates will receive the title “ZCG Candidate” during the duration of the campaign so users can easily identify users that are running.

If potential candidates have any questions about the role or the election process, please post them in this topic. :point_down:

Any questions for the individual candidates should be posted in their individual candidacy topics to avoid everyone asking/answering questions in this thread.

20 Likes

The ZCG program has come a long way in 2022 and I’m proud of what our team @wobbzz @aquietinvestor @dontpanicburns @BrunchTime has achieved, working with the Zcash Foundation, building the Global Ambassador Program from scratch & setting up a structure for attracting & evaluating grants and leadership in the Zcash ecosystem.

Working for the Zcash Community Grants Program has been a privilege for me this year, and I’ve grown as a person and a leader. I thank everyone who gave me the opportunity to serve.
For 2023, I’m planning to focus on the roadmap for @NighthawkApps products and grow my team. Hence, I’ll not be standing for the 2023 election.

I highly recommend prospective candidates interested in serving the Zcash mission by funding builders and innovators to stand up for the election.

Looking forward to the 2023 ZCG candidates!

26 Likes
16 Likes

We will miss you ! Good luck with Nighthawk Wallet, I am sure you will do a great job.

Also looking forward to the 2023 candidates!

7 Likes
18 Likes

I would do it again.

16 Likes

Maybe the 2nd time’s a charm!

14 Likes

I also apply for ZCG elections

4 Likes
8 Likes

It is an honor to be a ZCG candidate. Also, please help to expand the ecosystem in Korea.
I always try. And this time, the community call on the 15th is not my native language,
so I won’t be able to do it.
I would be grateful if you could understand my situation @Dodger
Thank you for organizing ZCG. Cheer up everyone.

1 Like

The results are in!

@aquietinvestor, @wobbzz and @BrunchTime are re-elected to the committee, and they will be joined by new member @ambimorph.

Thank you to all the candidates who ran for election. I hope to see some of you throwing your hat in the ring again in the next election, which will take place at the end of June.

23 Likes

Congrats to those elected, and thanks to all who put themselves forward, we had a strong pool of candidates and I hope to see you all continue to participate in the community and governance discussions going forward.

And Happy New Year everyone, I hope you all have a healthy and happy 2023.

15 Likes

Congrats and good luck :cowboy_hat_face: :hearts:

3 Likes