Zemo - Your Web3 Inbox

1. It’s React Native.
  2. It’s purportedly borrowing heavily with ZECWallet’s React components (and other JS code: zecwallet-lite/src at master · adityapk00/zecwallet-lite · GitHub)
  3. It’s React Native…

Additionally: Remember this grant? Elemental ZEC – UI Component Kit and Payment Processor. Would this wallet be using any of that or are these just two silo’d projects? I don’t know how much @ziga’s stuff influences that project or vice versa, but it would seem like a missed opportunity to not re-use things here.

@ziga is a decent designer. I noticed much of the community being dazzled by the nice designs they saw with the zeme.team website and it was funded and built. Unfortunately, once that project was “completed”, no focus was spent on the marketing part of it so it left to rot in a corner on the internet.

That is what I’m afraid of here. It’s going to be incredibly hard to:

1. Onboard new users to ZEC (KYC => exchange => fiat => ZEC)
  2. Get them to download this wallet
  3. Get them to consistently fund it with money so they can use it when they run low
  4. Continue to grow the network

From " Unintended Consequences", you mention:

So you’re basically admitting you don’t know if this will be popular, but if it is (and let’s hope it is if it gets funded) , it would need to move to an L2 that probably wouldn’t be supported for another couple years.

If/when this thing needs updates are you going to update it for free? Will you ask for another grant?

I really struggle to envision how you intend to grow a messaging app on a blockchain with already a lot of friction for the common person to use. Signal is much easier, and has a wider moat at this point given most of my friends and family are on it.

I would be more interested in seeing this becoming a new reddit or 4chan with boards like ZECPages than yet another chat app.

1 Like