Forum members should strive to be kind, respectful, and interesting. Ideally, your presence in the community should improve the experience for everyone.
We are committed to making participation in this forum a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of a person’s…
- Level of experience.
- Gender identity and expression.
- Sexual orientation.
- Personal appearance.
- Body size.
Examples of unacceptable behavior include:
- Using sexualized language or imagery.
- Personal attacks.
- Trolling and insulting or derogatory comments.
- Public or private harassment.
- Publishing another person’s private information, such as physical or electronic addresses, without explicit permission (AKA doxxing).
- Other unethical or unprofessional conduct, at the discretion of the moderators.
Not-safe-for-work content or links may be removed at moderator discretion, based on judgment calls as to whether the material is offensive or poses other risks to the Zcash Community Forum and its users. NSFW content includes, but is not limited to, sexually explicit material and graphic depictions of violence or gore.
With respect to sexual content in particular, users may not post sexually explicit material, either in images or text. Links to NSFW content that are relevant to Zcash (for example, a service accepting Zcash payments) must include a warning for other users, must not include explicit material in the link preview, and must not be spam.
Moderation decisions about NSFW content will be made individually, then reviewed by the rest of the moderators, and warnings will be issued if relevant. A pattern of conduct violating this rule may result in a permanent ban.
Forum moderators have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject posts, comments and other contributions that are not aligned with these Community Guidelines, or to suspend or ban any forum member for other behaviors that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful. The process is described in a post by @Shawn.
Note that several moderators are community volunteers and do not represent the Zcash Foundation. They are free to express their own opinions so long as they adhere to these guidelines. Foundation representatives are identified as such.
By adopting these Community Guidelines, moderators commit themselves to fairly and consistently applying these principles to every aspect of managing this community. Moderators who do not follow or enforce the Community Guidelines may be permanently removed from the moderation team.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by flagging the post or comment in question, contacting an individual moderator (such as @Shawn) or by messaging the moderators as a group (@moderators).
All complaints will be reviewed, investigated, and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate for the circumstances. Moderators are obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident.
Please do not:
- Post topics unrelated to Zcash.
- Solicit domain sales (even if related to Zcash).
- Bump topics without something new to add.
- Derail topics.
- Post links to phishing sites.
- Post spam.
- Create topics or replies for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forum.
- Repost closed or deleted topics.
- Repetitively post in the incorrect topic.
- Create and use multiple accounts as sockpuppets.
- Post solicitations for or about services considered illegal in the United States.
- Post links to internet gambling operations.
- It’s a crime for internet gambling operations to accept bets from United States persons, and the Justice Department takes the position that people who post advertisements or promotions for online gambling may be aiding and abetting those activities.
And remember to keep in mind:
- New people don’t always know where to find information, so try to be as helpful as you can.
- Mods will use a yellow color to show when they act in that role within a discussion.
- Respect the privacy of PM (private message) conversations and the wishes of everyone involved.
You may not post anything digital that belongs to someone else without permission. You may not post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images), or for breaking any other law. See the Terms of Service for more details on this obligation.