Community Guidelines /aka Code of Conduct
Forum members should strive to be kind, respectful, and interesting. Ideally, your presence in the community should improve the experience for everyone.
We are committed to making participation in this forum a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of a person’s…
- Level of experience.
- Gender identity and expression.
- Sexual orientation.
- Personal appearance.
- Body size.
Examples of unacceptable behavior include:
- Using sexualized language or imagery.
- Personal attacks.
- Trolling and insulting or derogatory comments.
- Public or private harassment.
- Publishing another person’s private information, such as physical or electronic addresses, without explicit permission (AKA doxxing).
- Other unethical or unprofessional conduct, at the discretion of the moderators.
Not-safe-for-work content or links may be removed at moderator discretion, based on judgment calls as to whether the material is offensive or poses other risks to the Zcash Community Forum and its users. NSFW content includes, but is not limited to, sexually explicit material and graphic depictions of violence or gore.
With respect to sexual content in particular, users may not post sexually explicit material, either in images or text. Links to NSFW content that are relevant to Zcash (for example, a service accepting Zcash payments) must include a warning for other users, must not include explicit material in the link preview, and must not be spam.
Moderation decisions about NSFW content will be made individually, then reviewed by the rest of the moderators, and warnings will be issued if relevant. A pattern of conduct violating this rule may result in a permanent ban.
Forum moderators have the right and responsibility to hide, edit, or reject posts, comments and other contributions that are not aligned with these Community Guidelines. The process is described in a post by @Shawn.
- Moderators will post publicly the rational of non-personal administrative actions (such as removing or moving posts) and will closely follow the Moderation Policy
- Moderators are held to a higher standard than other community members. If a moderator creates an inappropriate situation, they should expect less leeway than others.
- Acknowledge that they are acting in an official capacity as a forum moderator and will uphold the Zcash Foundation Values
- Foster a community that encourages the bigger picture of Zcash aka: building a censorship resistant system where people can safely transact.
- Maintain a welcoming community by taking necessary action towards all community members–including moderators–who choose not to follow these standards.
Note that several moderators are community volunteers and do not represent the Zcash Foundation. They are free to express their own opinions so long as they adhere to these guidelines. Foundation representatives are identified with the title “Zcash Foundation”.
By adopting these Community Guidelines, moderators commit themselves to fairly and consistently applying these principles to every aspect of managing this community. Moderators who do not follow or enforce the Community Guidelines may be permanently removed from the moderation team.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by flagging the post or comment in question, contacting an individual moderator (such as @Shawn) or by messaging the moderators as a group (@moderators).
All complaints will be reviewed, investigated, and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate for the circumstances. Moderators are obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident.
Please do not:
Post topics unrelated to Zcash.
Solicit domain sales (even if related to Zcash).
Bump topics without something new to add.
Post links to phishing sites.
Create topics or replies for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forum.
Repost closed or deleted topics.
Repetitively post in the incorrect topic.
Create and use multiple accounts as sockpuppets.
Post solicitations for or about services considered illegal in the United States.
Post links to internet gambling operations.
- It’s a crime for internet gambling operations to accept bets from United States persons, and the Justice Department takes the position that people who post advertisements or promotions for online gambling may be aiding and abetting those activities.
Post political content that would be viewed as endorsing or campaigning for any political candidate. The Zcash Foundation is a 501©3 non-profit organization and as such are “absolutely prohibited from directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office”
And remember to keep in mind:
- In the Zcash community we strive to go the extra step to look out for each other. Don’t just aim to be technically unimpeachable, try to be your best self. In particular, avoid flirting with offensive or sensitive issues, particularly if they’re off-topic; this all too often leads to unnecessary fights, hurt feelings, and damaged trust; worse, it can drive people away from the community entirely. We expect that members will work towards collaboration, not conflict.
- New people don’t always know where to find information, so try to be as helpful as you can.
- Mods will use a yellow color to show when they act in that role within a discussion.
- Respect the privacy of PM (private message) conversations and the wishes of everyone involved.
You may not post anything digital that belongs to someone else without permission. You may not post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images), or for breaking any other law. See the Terms of Service for more details on this obligation.