About POS, interesting features and designs

Hmmm, just checking the last 6 months:

ZEN 16th June: ~ $19.0
ZEN Today right now: $4.76
Change: -74.95%

ZEC 16th June: ~ $195
ZEC Today right now: $57.21
Change: -70.66%

Compared to mining ZEN with the Asic for example it would mostly be a better choice to use the secure node, not?

Well it certainly costs less to run a node than paying electricity. However buying nodes then was a wrong move, due to drop of value, but maybe its a good move now.

1 Like
2 Likes

I came across this one that looks interesting in it’s approach:

While i’am not a fan of masternodes this one catched my eye because the approach is a bit different.

It’s called Secure Home Node, here the explaination from their homepage:

The XXXXX Secure Home Node (SHN) is a turn-key solution for securely hosting masternodes on your home network. The Secure Home Node routes traffic over The Onion Router (TOR) to provide a high level of anonymity and security to masternode operators.

This exciting project makes operating a XXXXXX masternode accessible to every level of user and helps serve our mission of decentralizing the XXXXXX network. The Secure Home Node decentralizes the locations of XXXXXX’s network nodes while being user-friendly. It allows the user to remain anonymous by using The Onion Router. The SHN completely eliminates the need to use data centers or masternode hosting services thereby giving the user full control of their masternode. Notably, the Home Node is fully functional as a staking box. All of the hardware components and software used on the XXXXXX Secure Home Node are open source. All of the source files are freely available to download on the XXXXXXX Github

The Onion Router
The problem with hosting masternodes on local hardware is that it reveals the users IP. The Secure Home Node resolves this by using TOR. The Onion Router encrypts data and uses relays while obfuscating the users IP address. The TOR Project shares similar philosophies regarding open source and privacy…

I’am not advertising the coin here as the only thing interesting here is the approach which i think is an interesting one. It’s cheap with about $100 for hardware, it can be used at home, needs to special further soft or hardware, it hides the users IP adress and doesn’t use much electricity having in mind it runs on raspberry pi.

Never thought about this one, but actually a coin using POS gets automaticlly shifted from non-productive token (store of value, medium of exchange) into the productive token category:

May I ask how many and what coins are you staked into? I just dipped my toe into one for now (Reddcoin).

I don’t feel comfortable to advertise other coins beside ZEC i hold on the Zcash forum, i will message you privately in some minutes…

Okay… 20 characters

Just came across some special POS staking hardware. First time i see it, but interesting even lower electricity using device.

Don’t think it’s worth it at these prices, even less after each device only stake one given POS coin, but still interesting such devices excist allready:

Very interesting read:

Interesting read about different solutions: (Full text at the end)

2.4.1. Proof of Work (PoW)

2.4.2. Proof of Stake (PoS)

2.4.3. Practical Byzantine Fault Tolerance (PBFT)

2.4.4. Delegated Proof of Stake (DPoS)

2.4.5. Federated Byzantine Agreement (FBA)

2.4.6. Proof of Authority (PoAu)

2.4.7. Proof of Elapsed Time (PoET)

2.4.8. Proof of Activity (PoAc)

2.4.9. Proof of Burn (PoB)

2.4.10. Proof of Capacity (PoC)

https://hackernoon.com/proof-of-work-vs-proof-of-stake-a-mirror-of-history-f61c0934cd86

1 Like