AMA: Zcash Community Grants on Free2z (Aug 26)

Free2z is hosting a two-hour community call with Zcash Community Grants on Monday, August 26 at 1:00pm PDT / 4:00pm EDT / 8:00pm UTC. This event is open to everyone and will cover any questions or concerns about the program. Here’s the link to attend: https://free2z.cash/free2z/broadcast.

To ensure that the community’s questions are addressed, please post your questions in this thread. The questions with the most likes will be given priority. If you have multiple questions, please post each one separately so they can be liked and prioritized individually.

15 Likes

I’d like to ask every member of ZCG their thoughts on my idea:

Yes or No, and top reasons why.

3 Likes

Would ZCG be open to the crazy idea that all “Non-zcashd-deprecation-grants” be put on hold until zcashd deprecation is finally completed?

Why or why not and give your two zats worth.

4 Likes

What tools does ZCG have to hold grantees sense of urgency accountable with chosen milestones?

Is there a limit to how many times a grantee can “amend” their grant due date and or milestones?

Under which circumstances would this not be allowed?

3 Likes

Hello! I have some questions…

Does the ZCG have any action plan for this year, when the DevFund is going to change?
What is your personal opinion of that transition to be made after the results of the surveys?

What do you think of the 2 governance proposals that @joshs has proposed so far?

Understanding that there is a budget constraint, but what are the proposals for projects or grants that you would most like to see from the community?

So far only Brazil and Venezuela are the Latin American countries with active Zcash communities. What other countries in the region do you think would be key to drive further Zcash adoption? And what about Europe? What countries have strong potencial for Zcash? (Or is there no potential in that region?)

Do you like the ZCG to remain an “arm” of the ZF, and do you support full administrative independence of the ZCG?

Do you agree that the reelections of ZCG members should be indefinite? What do you think about this?

If we had to mention just one (of course there are more), what do you think is the biggest weakness Zcash has today in the crypto ecosystem compared to other projects?

5 Likes

Could you rephrase this question please? I’m not sure what it’s asking.

1 Like

Sure!

What I am asking is whether they agree with the indefinite re-election of ZCG members.

We have seen members who have repeated in several elections, and it is my understanding that there is no limit to this.

It would be interesting to hear their and the participants’ opinions on this.

2 Likes

Any chance ZCG is able to increase their presence on social media & regularly update the website? Would be good to get the word out and draw interest in Zcash ecosystem.

Meeting Minutes, there’s often a week or more delay - Any way to get them sooner or access call recordings?

Also it would be cool to have ZCG members in the Zcash Global Discord every now and then. There are Zcash discussions among OG’s, Brazil community, Espanol community and ZecHub Contributors happening every week.

6 Likes

Oh, I see. You’re asking about term limits on individuals. Thank you!

1 Like

Could you talk about lessons learned over these last years and what is the vision for ZCG going forwards?

1 Like

Will there be a recording of the call made available and/or an executive summary?

1 Like

Here’s the recording of the AMA for those who couldn’t attend live:

2 Likes